Scotland 24th AUG + week

Bikers and riding
flipflopdog

Re: Scotland 26th AUG + week

Post by flipflopdog »

Thank you kindly gents, was being lazy in first place by asking but I've done some research and map searching and found some great routes to follow but there is one thing. The booking system for the parks doesn't suit what we want to achieve really. Leaving a vehicle and trailer doesn't look possible. Is there anywhere we can leave the trailer and car whilst we zoom off and do our own thing that any of you can think of...??? Any ABR's on here got storage space..?? It's a tad cheeky I know but we are kind of stuck with this issue at present, we need a recovery vehicle as Bill's CRF is on test and we could hit a few teathing snaggs etc etc so riding from Gateshead all the way isn't an option.
20210619_114252.jpg
20210619_114252.jpg (193.07 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
Last edited by flipflopdog on Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
macvisual

Re: Scotland 24th AUG + week

Post by macvisual »

I'd highly recommend you visit Ardtoe, Archaracle, about 25 miles from Strontain, there's camping there along with static caravans, an idyllic location, it's ran by Hugh and Marie, you could try get their details on-line etc.

ImageArdtoe sunset by APM Photography, on Flickr

ImageArdtoe bay by APM Photography, on Flickr

We try visit here a few times per year......a best kept secret.

Enjoy yourselves!!

Regards;
Peter
Central Scotland
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

macvisual wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:13 pm I'd highly recommend you visit Ardtoe, Archaracle, about 25 miles from Strontain, there's camping there along with static caravans, an idyllic location, it's ran by Hugh and Marie, you could try get their details on-line etc.

We try visit here a few times per year......a best kept secret.

Enjoy yourselves!!

Regards;
Peter
Central Scotland
Thanks Peter, just added it to my list. I found a remote spot/cove to the west of here i guess nearest village is Ockle so will defo visit Ardtoe as well.

So we're down to a small transit van now still looking for parking but at least we haven't got the trailer baggage to sort..!!

Thanks everyone on here, pictures to follow.....
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Just dump your van roadside. We did the West Highland Way on ebikes recently. I read loads of online stuff that said just to park vehicles outside the police station at Milngavie (the end (or beginning) of the WHW).

So thats what we did, dump the van and it was fine for 4 days. Opposite the police station so didnt have any worries about theft etc etc.
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

First hiccup, previous owner/loom fabricator wired and extended the alternator wires used them fationable heat shrink soldered crimps.... they melted and blobbed the whole affair together 4 miles down road...ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”