Draconian laws targeting our biking friends in Germany.

Bikers and riding
Dark Knight

Draconian laws targeting our biking friends in Germany.

Post by Dark Knight »

Does anyone know what is going on in Germany, there seems to be some really serious developments.
I mean passing laws that only affect bikers.
As a none German ciizen any contact with the police in country is likely to be a bit rough.
Must admit the police seem to keep out of sight, I cannot remember seeing any police on my travels.
johnnyboxer

Re: Draconian laws targeting our biking friends in Germany.

Post by johnnyboxer »

Which laws?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Aren't motorcycles banned from some routes in Germany on summer weekends?
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Used to be B500 on weekends as they used it like a race track....as we did in 2012 :mrgreen:
I wouldn't worry about it...germany has some strange laws like nit washing your car and cutting your grass at the weekends....which is a good thing imo ie spend more time with family and enjoy yourself more. Not piss off people in their gardens with yer mower going.
We were stopped twice in 2012 by the police, they just looked at our plates and waved us by, except one, who was playing catch up, and was speeding
Oops
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

While not familiar with specific situations in Germany I know there are few draconian laws here and there in Europe. Without exception they are aimed at reducing noise exposure for local residents. These include roads in the Austrian Alps, that are closed to certain bikes. Some nice winding roads that follow canals in the Netherlands, that are closed to all motorcyclists (see here for the dutch issue https://www.teluidisuit.nl/). Think about that for few moments before putting that "better sounding" exhaust on.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

At the moment I am more concerned about the draconian laws that our government is forcing through. The police, crime and sentencing bill is scary reading for anyone who believes in civil liberties. If it was another country, like Hong Kong imposing this on their citizens we would quite rightly be complaining.
With regard to Germany and other EU countries we need to remember that whilst MAG still support the FEMA, our influence in EU matters has now significantly diminished.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I think we need some Draconian laws in this country cos some Harley riders & their straight through slash cut pipes are taking the piss big time the noise is horrendous & the pop wiz bang Fiesta ST brigade as well there’s a lot of difference between fruity & down right bloody noisy.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”