how wet or dry is it at Ragley and South of?

Bikers and riding
bikenav

how wet or dry is it at Ragley and South of?

Post by bikenav »

hello all I am heading up to the Festival via a few trails from S Wales, and hoping to do a few around the Cotswolds area, my question is to anyone local to Ragley and the Cotswolds , what is the current ground condition like? not too bad here at the moment but as I remember it was recently reported a lot of rain had fallen in The Midlands area. I am fortunate enough to have a choice of wheels and tyres this the reason for my query, ta.
dibbs

Re: how wet or dry is it at Ragley and South of?

Post by dibbs »

From what ive seen you could use road slicks the way that you handle the big GS Paul hahahaha, just stick the knobblies on mate and take on the Ragley bog of doom lol... :lol:
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Hi Paul
There’s a video on you tube, from the 2019 festival, of a big bike ride out with the local TRF. Even though the weekend was dry and sunny, the lanes have got deep standing water and plenty of mud so I’d opt for traction.

See you there
D
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Thanks boys, ye did the bog of doom a few times, and the TRF ride out with a deep water crossing, did get through it "just" too risky for the GS really would'nt do it again, only the second one that I can remember that did stop the engine. General area ground condition I was interested in, as a tight and poor Welshman I hate wearing out good rubber unnecessary. Fresh Karoo 3 on the back and a pretty shagged Karoo T on the front, left the new ones in the corner for a wetter day, if its wet I will be chasing the front big time. Heading off today a bit of exploring on the way. See you there that are going, might be a bit crowded for me, we will see.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”