ABR festival photos and filming

Bikers and riding
GB

ABR festival photos and filming

Post by GB »

As I’ve come to the festival late I wonder if the organisers could answer a couple of questions. I have read most stuff on here about it but not everything I’m sure.
I see when you attend you are giving permission for the organisers to use pictures taken that may have you in it. No problem with that so I presume the attendees can take take pictures and videos in the same vein?
Can drones be used on the site or to film any of the activities, like the trails or enduro circuit, not for commercial use just personal record of events?
Also I see it’s sold out, so how many tickets were sold?
Finally back on a GS :D
johnnyboxer

Re: ABR festival photos and filming

Post by johnnyboxer »

GB wrote:As I’ve come to the festival late I wonder if the organisers could answer a couple of questions. I have read most stuff on here about it but not everything I’m sure.
I see when you attend you are giving permission for the organisers to use pictures taken that may have you in it. No problem with that so I presume the attendees can take take pictures and videos in the same vein?
Can drones be used on the site or to film any of the activities, like the trails or enduro circuit, not for commercial use just personal record of events?
I took pics in 2019 and so did others

Can’t see it being a problem
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
GB

Post by GB »

johnnyboxer wrote:
GB wrote:As I’ve come to the festival late I wonder if the organisers could answer a couple of questions. I have read most stuff on here about it but not everything I’m sure.

People are a bit funny about drones for some reason, smart phones recording all the time doesnt seem to create the same debates as drones recording
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

GB wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:

People are a bit funny about drones for some reason, smart phones recording all the time doesnt seem to create the same debates as drones recording
I haven’t got a drone, so wouldn’t know
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
GB

Post by GB »

No worries Johnny, just haven't seen anything stating use either way.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

You need to find out if there is a helicopter landing pad at or near the venue. The regulations regarding the use of drones near landing sites is pretty strict. The venue holds the Midlands Air Festival, so if it has a designated landing area, the use of drones nearby will be prohibited.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
GB

Post by GB »

That’s not a issue Alan as the app tells me where I can and can’t fly. But there is no point bringing it if the organisers say you can’t use it.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Ragley Estate have a strict no fly policy which security will be very hot on enforcing, it's written into our contract with Ragley.

We, as event organisers, have negotiated permission for a single drone and operator and received the necessary fly licence.
GB

Post by GB »

I did think that would be the case

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”