Bike Rider Covid risk

Bikers and riding
Seminole

Re: Bike Rider Covid risk

Post by Seminole »

With 99% of the vulnerable vaccinated, a third wave will not be noticed
The infection rate is growing exponentially, the hospitalisation and death rates will take a short while to catch up but it's already showing signs of doing so.

I completely agree that we have to learn to live with this and can't stay locked up forever, but saying the next wave will not be noticed is frankly absurd, most of those with relevant experience and knowledge will openly admit that thousands more covid linked deaths will happen in the UK before next year, I think some of us will notice that.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

So, do the vaccines work, or not?

If not, then the program should be stopped, worldwide, with immediate effect, as it has given trusting folk like me a false sense of security.

It they do, then we need to get all the vulnerable either jabbed, or to sign something to say they have declined the opportunity and accept the risk to themselves and others , and crack on with getting back to normal. Retain and reinforce border controls so we get no more variants from abroad.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I'm not going because I didn't get a ticket and now we will be away on holiday anyway.
If I had a ticket would I go? Having had both jabs and having monthly PCR testing I would go but just be wary. I would also have lateral flow tests and be mindful of social distancing for the weeks following the event to protect others. If I wasn't going away on holiday then I would be buying a spare ticket.
The Country is at a crossroads where many things have to be weighed up ie economy, mental health, medical care other than covid and living in a community where covid exists. I'm sure the ABR team will have in place the required guidelines plus added awareness of the impact on their reputation if it was to go wrong.
Have a great weekend everybody.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

boboneleg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm Can you not just sell your ticket on here ?
Not as easy as it seems.

My Early Bird £69 ticket, still no takers not even an offer.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

It's been 15 months & change with no end in sight, it's not the virus that is so much the problem, rather the NHS unable to deal with large volumes of people ill at the same time. Imagine the scenario if the 100 billion pissed up the wall on track & trace had been spent say on... improving the NHS :?

If the vaccines don't work, why is everyone having them?

Be well everyone
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Sanqhar wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:06 pm
boboneleg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm Can you not just sell your ticket on here ?
Not as easy as it seems.

My Early Bird £69 ticket, still no takers not even an offer.

tom
There's dozens of people on UK Adventure riders asking for tickets, admittedly most of them seem to want VIP thursday Sanqhar, mine went in a couple of hours the other week, I was slightly ahead of the curve. Unfortunately with my bike stolen & still awaiting repair, it's a 200 mile bicycle to Ragley Hall :evil:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:So, do the vaccines work, or not?

If not, then the program should be stopped, worldwide, with immediate effect, as it has given trusting folk like me a false sense of security.
That’s the problem

Everyone has been jabbed and think it’s over

But it isn’t

Yes the jabs will reduce the risk of serious infection & maybe death

Chap on R2 today
Double jabbed by May
Now he’s got Covid and off work for 2 weeks
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
grasstrack

Post by grasstrack »

Only got jab 10 days ago so he was not yet fully protected.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jenniejester wrote:I have asked for copies of the risk assessments and been refused
Mmmm?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

The vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching or transmitting the virus. It merely hopefully means that if you do get infected with the covid you will have a higher level of protection so will hopefully not become severely ill and therefore need hospitalisation to be treated and therefore a greater chance of survival.

I'm afraid covid is here to stay, I can see my generation at least having to annually have booster jabs and wearing masks for the rest of our lives.
The way I see it is everyone needs to get vaccinated and then also catch the virus and hopefully survive that way you will build up the "herd immunity " but with the variants is that a possibility??

As for the ABR rally, I've noticed a lot of trading in tickets on this forum and on FB are all the reasons for sale genuine or are people just off loading their tickets because they don't want to run the risk?
I have also noticed a few other meets ans shows being cancelled or postponed. The organisers of these events felt they couldn't go ahead with their event under the latest government guidelines and advice.

Whilst I am sure Alun and the rest of the team, the various stall holders, manufacturers and food concessions will have done their upmost to ensure a safe environment for all. There is one great thing that they cannot control and that is us, they are relying on all participants to adhere to the guidelines have the tests prior to going, keep a safe distance from each other wear masks wash hands. So ultimately the onus lies on those attending to ensure they and the rest of people act responsibly and show some common sense.

I recently attended a small dog show, it was great a bit of normality for a change, there were hand sanitizer stations dotted around everybody in general kept their distance apart from a couple of idiots who seemed to think it was OK to get to close (they were soon told), there was a good number of litter pickers going round keeping it all clean and tidy( why people still think its okay to just drop ice-cream and burger wrappers) the bins were regularly emptied. All in it felt pretty safe, although the biggest let down were the toilet facilities as usual just the portaloo not good at the best of times. These I felt should of had an antivac spray on hand so you could spray the parts you needed to touch and they definitely needed someone to go through and clean more regularly.

The areas where the general public touch need to be treated with caution by all users, and be kept clean and tidy by the providers of the service.

Hope you all have a great time look forward to all the pics and stories post rally.

Most important Stay Safe

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”