Bike Rider Covid risk

Bikers and riding
boboneleg

Re: Bike Rider Covid risk

Post by boboneleg »

Can you not just sell your ticket on here ?
one-legged adventurer
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

I can understand you may feel unsafe in the current climate but the guys at Abr have went above and beyond to put measures in place to reduce risk.

You'd probably be more at risk grocery shopping
Jenniejester wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:19 pm I have to say I am amazed the festival is going ahead, I won’t be going because I won’t feel safe. What saddens me is that I cannot get a refund, despite the fast rate cases are growing. Organisers tell me it’s not about money! If that were true, they would be happy to refund
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Your chances of catching Covid outdoors are pretty much zero. Even if you do get it, the possibility that it will kill you is even less. Riding to the rally on a motorcycle is far more likely to get you killed.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Jenniejester wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:26 pm I don’t go grocery shopping!! I don’t think people want to go because of the risk, so I can’t sell my tickets
The grocery shops seem pretty back to normal my friend. Think maybe you've been stuck inside too long
johnnyboxer

Bike Rider Covid risk

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Your chances of catching Covid outdoors are pretty much zero.

Even if you do get it, the possibility that it will kill you is even less..
Why’s that then?

Over 9000 new infections today

3-4 weeks ago it was in the teens, 1700-1800 per day

We have had a 5 fold increase in less than a month Image

You all know what follows a spike in New infections......hospitalisation is also slowing rising too
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

To be blunt most infection is now being passed on in crowded, multigenerational households in communities where vaccination rates are low, because , well you know why.
Most covid cases did not result in hospitalisation. My wife had it, and had a touch of 'long covid' that only went when she had her second jab, so I must have caught it...but I didn't notice.
Even where hospitalisation is necessary, the disease can now be treated without putting the patient's life at risk.
The frightening thing is that the USA and UK, where people were rushed into ICU, put into comas and had tubes rammed into their lungs have had far higher death rates than say India where the infection is rife, but few people go to hospital because there wasn't the capacity.
Unless you have some terrible health issue, and providing you are jabbed up, I don't think there is anything to fear now. Yes, it's a danger, but so is motorcycling, rock-climbing, swimming, etc etc.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:To be blunt most infection is now being passed on in crowded, multigenerational households in communities where vaccination rates are low, because , well you know why.
Most covid cases did not result in hospitalisation. My wife had it, and had a touch of 'long covid' that only went when she had her second jab, so I must have caught it...but I didn't notice.
Even where hospitalisation is necessary, the disease can now be treated without putting the patient's life at risk.
The frightening thing is that the USA and UK, where people were rushed into ICU, put into comas and had tubes rammed into their lungs have had far higher death rates than say India where the infection is rife, but few people go to hospital because there wasn't the capacity.
Unless you have some terrible health issue, and providing you are jabbed up, I don't think there is anything to fear now. Yes, it's a danger, but so is motorcycling, rock-climbing, swimming, etc etc.
Hope your Optimism is correct

I think the deaths in India have been high and catastrophic, so best not to underplay it
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

They are well under UK and USA in terms of death rate per 1000 population. Mind you their population is younger than ours, and covid kills mostly the old and infirm.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

You paint a rosey picture, the death rate in India is widely thought to be between 2-3 times that reported
Last edited by Seminole on Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supermoto365

Post by Supermoto365 »

The way I see it is follow the rules be careful enjoy the event , a week later you could get run over by a bus so go and don’t regret having a bit of fun .

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”