ABR Festival - Please Read

Bikers and riding
Alun

ABR Festival - Please Read

Post by Alun »

Gentlemen, the following has been sent by email today to all ticket holders. Unless there's a new national lockdown the 2021 ABR Festival is going ahead if we're still in level 3 or if all restrictions have been lifted on the 21st.

....................................................................................................................................................

It’s just over two weeks until we open the gates at Ragley Hall and welcome you to the 2021 ABR Festival. And what a smile typing that has put on my face.

I’m going to keep this email short and to the point as it’s the result of many, many meetings with the local council, public health officials and legal guidelines from the National Government.

We have been advised by all authorities that everyone aged 11+ must have had a negative COVID test within 48 hours before you arrive onsite. This also includes everyone who has been vaccinated. This is a requirement if we are still in level 3 or if all Covid restrictions are lifted on 21st June.

The simplest test to take is the Lateral Flow Test and, having been through the procedure myself before typing this email, I can tell you now it’s a quick and painless procedure, and is free of charge.

Just to make things very clear, this is a condition for us being allowed to go ahead with the 2021 ABR Festival and is a non-negotiable condition of entry.

So, this is what you need to do: Order a test kit from the Government/NHS or collect yours from most pharmacies or test centres. Here’s the link to the free online test kit:
https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-ra ... aa47227b2f

After you have taken the test you will need to confirm the result online (details will be supplied with your test kit) and you will receive a text or email from the test site as confirmation. Please bring this confirmation with you to the festival.

Overall, I feel this is a small consideration as it allows us to go ahead with the 2021 ABR Festival as a safe event. It is what we’ve been asked to do.
Thanks for your understanding. All the ABR team really appreciate your cooperation, and I look forward to welcoming you to a (hopefully sunny) Ragley Hall very soon.

Best Regards,
Alun Davies

ABR Founder
PS: If you have bought tickets for family and friends please forward this email to them.
uturntony

Re: ABR Festival - Please Read

Post by uturntony »

That, i suspect is going to cause a LOT of trouble at the gate and possibly ruin the event as people turn up without a test and argue the toss.
Not sure i want to go now.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

uturntony wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm That, i suspect is going to cause a LOT of trouble at the gate and possibly ruin the event as people turn up without a test and argue the toss.
Seriously??

So the fact we need to stick a twig up our nose and in our mouth for a few seconds is going to ruin this?

People have plenty of notice so if they turn up without a test then that's their problem.

Some people just love a moan
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

bond_yzf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:55 pm
uturntony wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm That, i suspect is going to cause a LOT of trouble at the gate and possibly ruin the event as people turn up without a test and argue the toss.
Seriously??

So the fact we need to stick a twig up our nose and in our mouth for a few seconds is going to ruin this?

People have plenty of notice so if they turn up without a test then that's their problem.

Some people just love a moan
My thoughts too
Makes the event more bio secure, in my view
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

For everyone’s benefit. Best get used to these safety precautions. They could well be around for a long time to come, in many walks of life.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Cheers Alun

More than happy to shove a stick up my nose if it means we can all hang out in greater safety. Makes a whole lot of sense to me, plus I'm getting quite used to it. Finishing my 10 day isolation in the UK today, so looking forward to dusting off the bike and seeing family and a bit of the country before heading to the festival. I'll be doing the lateral flow tests throughout my stay - they are free (not like the 3 PCT tests I had to do to get over).

Pat
dave h

Post by dave h »

My tests kit on order,
Easy and I'm rubbish at this stuff,
It just might stop someone unknowingly bringing the virus in

Dave.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Anyone know if you can use the nhs app to notify nhs of the test result?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

dibbs wrote:Anyone know if you can use the nhs app to notify nhs of the test result?
Instructions in the test kit

Follow them Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
moto al

Post by moto al »

HI ALUN , its great the rally is taking place . Some people think events just happen , they dont understand the hard work that go,s into such an event best of luck with the rally. best regards .AL
moto al

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”