ABR Festival - Please Read

Bikers and riding
Chalky723

Re: ABR Festival - Please Read

Post by Chalky723 »

Mickdb1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:31 pm Well Chalky I can tell you it aint just a bit of flu
My best man John went to Chesterfield hospital with a bad back problem contracted either going there or coming home and died 4 week later.
My old mate Paul ********** died of covid about 2 weeks after John

Christ what more evidence do you people need to convince yer
I also know that 3 people who live within 300 yds of me have been taken by this plague

I do hope you and your family are never affected as well :mrgreen:
And we're straight into "mate of a complete stranger on the internet" territory.

I told you my personal experience. It doesn't tally with yours.

So my risk assessment doesn't tally with yours.

I'm willing to take that risk & will have a stonking weekend.

Cheers,

D
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Chalky723 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:49 pm But Covid will still be here in 2022.....

We'll be on the 60th variant by then and the people who are scared to go out now will be even more scared, or dead of stress,

I know no-one who has had more than Flu like symptoms & a loss of sense of smell.

The only fatalities are always a friend of a friend.....

My eldest is on his second bout of Covid, has had 1 jab - his house has never been so well maintained!! :D

I'm only on this earth once, I'm not going to spend years cooped up worrying over something that is significantly less likely to do me harm than any of my hobbies (that I do voluntarily - for fun!!).

That's my personal Risk Assessment anyway....

D
You had might as well go up to the families of the 130,000 people (in the UK alone) who have died of covid in the last 18 months and spit in their faces. What a disgraceful post. Where do you think this fact-denial will get you? Just because you don't want something to be true. Selfish, insulting crap.
Oh grow up and stay indoors quivering for the rest of your days.

The death rate from Covid was microscopic in the first place, it's even more microscopic now that "the vulnerable" are vaccinated.

The country can't keep locking itself away forever - the long term impacts from that are far worse that than the "130,000" I can assure you.

D
simonw

Post by simonw »

Chalky723 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm<snip>The death rate from Covid was microscopic in the first place, <snip>
130,000 (UK) deaths is "microscopic"?
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Think this post needs to be brung back on topic really.

Those who don't wish to go then don't
Those who do wish to go then go.

Simples.

All the necessary measures have been put in place what more would you like the organisers to do?

Those that think that it shouldn't be allowed to go ahead why don't you contact the people in power that are allowing it and have a go at them?

No you want to come on here and take the easy shots.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I actually agree that you go if you want to and you don't if you don't. No real problem with that. The organisers are obviously trying their level best to keep the event safe and outdoor things like this will be relatively low risk anyway.

What is objectionable is the insulting belittling of so many painful deaths, the mourning of so many friends and families and the tireless hard work of NHS staff. When someone says (quote) "I know no-one who has had more than Flu like symptoms & a loss of sense of smell" they just declare a profound ignorance and arrogance. There are plenty of nobhead conspiracy sites that will happily host comments like that, but it shouldn't go unchallenged on here.

I hope everyone who goes to the ABR Festival has a bloody great time
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I think you may be over reacting and putting words in the guys mouth, Whilst being firmly in the cautious camp and very aware of the reality of covid deaths, I could also genuinely say I dont know anyone who has suffered badly from catching C19, that doesnt make me a denier.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Flipflop wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm
Alun wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:09 am Here's a link to the digital version of the 2021 ABR Festival Show Guide.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/digi ... 06b6321970
Hi
I’ve read through this and, unless I missed something, it doesn’t give details of any protocols that may be in place during the event.
Any protocols will not worry me but if people have to queue for a long time to get into something due to number restrictions or if people have to wear masks all the time or if there’s long distance one way systems in place then I think it’s only fair to pre warn them - it may also prevent some nasty/aggressive confrontations.
Rather than the festival show guide, I’ve found everything I need to know on the ABR website- all looks fine and dandy.
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 am When someone says (quote) "I know no-one who has had more than Flu like symptoms & a loss of sense of smell" they just declare a profound ignorance and arrogance.
But it's the truth - I, and no one I directly know, has lost anyone to Covid.

I'm not "denying" anything, I'm just saying that I haven't known any of the 0.02% of people that Covid is fatal for....

Sorry if that is deemed "arrogant", but I'm certainly not denying Covid is out there, but the restrictions were never about saving lives, they were about spreading deaths out to protect the NHS.

Now the vulnerable are jabbed life can start getting back to normal for the rest of us....

D
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Lateral flow sorted this evening.
A lovely great big negative… ready for Thursday 👍

Can’t wait!!! 🤪
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Godspeed wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 pm Lateral flow sorted this evening.
A lovely great big negative… ready for Thursday 👍

Can’t wait!!! 🤪
Just make certain you don't catch it between now and arriving at the event...
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”