Why are ABR routes exclusively Tom Tom?

Bikers and riding
bikenav

Re: Why are ABR routes exclusively Tom Tom?

Post by bikenav »

gbags wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:12 pm I’m getting on a bit and don’t know how to transfer routes onto my Garmin.

I have to just plot a route in laboriously, town by town, which is a bit of a faff.

Can we have a tutorial for this please?

Thanks,

Graham
Hello Graham I have some experience with Garmin and files and such using an old Zumo unit and a Montana. Offer me an example of what you are attempting to do, Where are you sourcing your file from? What unit are you trying to load a route on to? Are you using any kind of planning software/website to manage routes or plan them? Perhaps I can try and then walk you through, happy to try anyway.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

First Post on a negative and then flouncing... :o
It's quite easy to convert files, I've always used ViewRanger no worries loading up files.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

bikenav wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 pmhello.gpx
:lol: :lol: :roll: ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Download a free gpx reader app onto your phone, download a free ABR gpx route and off you go. How hard can it be :roll:
Once you've worked out how to do it you can download any gpx route for anything and use it on your phone. It shows your position and the route you have downloaded. We use it when walking and have safely used it to get us back on track when lost in fog and snow blizzards.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

bikenav wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 pmhello.gpx
:lol: Very good!!!

Ive just downloaded the GPX file from the ABR site for the Wales coast to coast ride and had no issues! could there be a different motive for the OP's first post!!!!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”