roadbook creator, which one?

Bikers and riding
Snaf MKII

Re: roadbook creator, which one?

Post by Snaf MKII »

Snaf MKII wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:15 am
Ksithumper wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:00 pm Ebay item 303857097673, there are loads similar for 8 -10 quid.

Works brilliantly with a Samsung tablet, but won't pair with my old cheapo Chinese android phone - presumably an older BT version?

I use OS maps on memory map for trail riding, ability to zoom in/ out on the fly is great.

Waterproofing and longevity is till TBA, but a proper Carpe Iter BT controller costs 20 times as much...
Thanks, I've ordered one.
You also have a pm
The one that I ordered arrived last night, won't pair with Blackberry but does with Ulefone Armour but doesn't control Oziexplorer. Probably because it's not an authorised app, I'll play with it some more and try swearing at it to see if it works with anything else.
HarveyCamm

Re: roadbook creator, which one?

Post by HarveyCamm »

I know this is drifting the topic away from the roadbook creator a bit but I got a controller like the one that Snaf posted to work with the roadbook app in Drive Mode Dashboard and Adobe Acrobat by playing with a keyboard mapper app on the phone - it senses that you've pressed the next track key for example and changes the input to the target app to a touchpad scroll down action or anything else you fancy - may be worth a look for some of you who like to farkle. You can also program the buttons for short press, long press & double press so from 5 buttons you've potentially got 15 actions you could trigger.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_GB&gl=US

You pair the phone, setup the security etc, tell the app to expect an input, press the button on the controller you want to re-map then tell it what action you to do instead of the received action (there are nearly 300 actions an Android keyboard can support) , then you can set criteria like only do the screen scroll if Adobe is the foreground app. Caution - to use it you have to enable the accessibility stuff on your phone and turn on the keyboard mapper when you want to use it otherwise you'll not be able to type your texts etc, also in DMD you have to enter "controller lock mode" else the key actions start opening up menus instead of scrolling the roadbook screen. You can also stop some of the buttons like the play button by giving it an action that's not recognised by the target app.

Have fun
Harv

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”