Its quiet, lets stir those little grey cells

Bikers and riding
Dark Knight

Its quiet, lets stir those little grey cells

Post by Dark Knight »

As I mentioned before, I was once coming back down the road from Tyndrum, sitting at 60 MPH on the speedo, when a dog suddenly rushed out from the trees (no fences on this road) and I narrowly missed crashing into it.
We ride bikes that do not tell us the real speed that we are doing and also with LCD displays where if the sun is behind, you cannot see what speed you are doing.
I only mention this because if the speedo had read the real speed, I would have been well clear of the dog.
Now I go up and down that road about once a month in the summer.
So what are the odds of this happening, 1000 to 1, 10,000 to 1, 100,000 to 1, 1 million to 1?
Certainly very, very high, beyond mathematical laws of chance.
Now what would you have to do to engineer this event, you would have to have the ability to move events, that were always going to happen to a different time.
You could not create events as it would be a prime directive breach and would not go unnoticed.
Who would have the ability to do this?
Any suggestions?
DavidS

Re: Its quiet, lets stir those little grey cells

Post by DavidS »

Go on a different road - that is waaaay to complicated and hypothetical for an old man to think about, let alone compute.

:D
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

You could change the time line so that you missed the dog, however, around the corner a deer that you would have never seen in the original timeline, could knock you straight off your bike.

You're better being lucky! :?
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Dark Knight wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:36 pm As I mentioned before, I was once coming back down the road from Tyndrum, sitting at 60 MPH on the speedo, when a dog suddenly rushed out from the trees (no fences on this road) and I narrowly missed crashing into it.
We ride bikes that do not tell us the real speed that we are doing and also with LCD displays where if the sun is behind, you cannot see what speed you are doing.
I only mention this because if the speedo had read the real speed, I would have been well clear of the dog.
Now I go up and down that road about once a month in the summer.
So what are the odds of this happening, 1000 to 1, 10,000 to 1, 100,000 to 1, 1 million to 1?
Certainly very, very high, beyond mathematical laws of chance.
Now what would you have to do to engineer this event, you would have to have the ability to move events, that were always going to happen to a different time.
You could not create events as it would be a prime directive breach and would not go unnoticed.
Who would have the ability to do this?
Any suggestions?
Lots of assumptions;
You pass that point twice on a single journey, let’s say once every 30 days at the same time.
We don’t know how many times the dog runs across the road, but let’s say once a day at the same time.
With those assumptions you got one chance every 30 days. But if you include speed variations, time variations for you and the dog and are more granular about time, i.e you and the dog have to be in the same spot at the same time to hit each other, the odds lengthen massively. What we need is a statistician, I’m just a humble engineer. :D
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

To continue the stirring.
I think that we would all agree that modifing something is much easier than building it from scratch to fufil some purpose.
You probably already know that only 14% of our DNA is active.
This has raised the suggestion that we have been modified from something else.
So we do not really look like this, this makes all that disrimination stuff against other races absolute nonsense.
In organics, when they produce an offspring there is something called divergence, the DNA does not fully match that of the parents.
Something that the creators could not fix, this causes problems now, but much bigger problems in the future.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

To continue.
I live out in the country.
Some time ago I was standing looking over a flat section of ground, when suddenly I sensed that there was something there, but there was nothing visible.
At the same time an urgent thought came into my head that I should get out of there, so I retreated to the house.
Now I am not a nervous person and tend to shrug off hazards, heavens I nearly killed myself three times just growing up.
Checked the surveilance system, no sign of anything unusual.
So the suggestion is that we are being watched, by someone with very advanced technology, perhaps they are just waiting for us to kill ourselves.
Meanwhile lets hope that there are no further lockdown measures, remember its not the bike, but the journey and the people you meet on the way.
Safe riding.
dave h

Post by dave h »

nice harvest 8-)

dave.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

velly intellesting 8-)

not sure what you are asking .. but i have had thoughts on these things recently, say the last few years.
I have noticed what i call energy nodes ... have you noticed a road .. its completely quiet and suddenly, you, a dog, a young lady and a grey monk suddenly wish to fill the same spot at the same time? .. well perhaps not the monk.

to repeat an occurrence, perhaps think for it not to happen ,, then you cannot influence the outcome, as in the original dog scenario? .. its called sods law .. :lol: .. or perhaps `fate`?

what are things really like?? ... incredibly difficult to imagine ,, reality, that is .... I am in constant awe at the world. I even try to understand the reality of obviousness ... how and wgy simple relationships works.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ps ... the prime directive.. is the natural unfolding of the universe
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

My question is why do we need to know the answers to the things we can't control, surely the true burning question in Life is ..... what's for dinner?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”