Rider or Multibike Policies?

Bikers and riding
SteveR

Re: Rider or Multibike Policies?

Post by SteveR »

frenchy3 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm
Billy Bananahead wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:06 pm I used Bikesure for a few years then got pissed off with them as the price kept going up, then used Aviva until they no longer did multibike policies and only insured each individual bike, then last year went to Carole Nash who do a multibike policy using Aviva as the underwriters. :?
What a bloody game ain't it, licence to print money, blah blah blah....
Anyway, i've got 3 bikes and i'm seriously considering using 1 bike per year on a rota when the insurance is due for renewal.
It is the cover for theft which needs considering on the two bikes you are not using. You can guarantee some scrote will have them away as soon as your insurance cover lapses.
I looked at dropping one of my bikes off but as part of a Multibike policy, FC is just 40 quid... so hardly worth dropping. :o
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

StevieC wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 pm Last year my multi-bike policy seemed very high with approx. 25% increase!!

I shopped around and couldn't really get a much lower premium.
I thought I may as well get 2 seperate policies and build up a NCD on the cheaper bike.

Guess what?? Yep, doing it that way turned out to be cheaper. :roll: :roll:

i.e. the cost of the existing policy with full NCD and a new, seperate policy with zero NCD totalled less than any multi-bike policy I could find.
How many bikes?
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

^ Two policies so I guess two bikes^

I've five bikes currently insured and I now do them individually as one is for business use which incurs a premium but also has the benefit of green card and the right to ride other bikes not owned by me. Another policy covers me for competition use but is currently lapsed.
My original multi bike policy many years ago was brilliant in that I could chop and change bikes without a fee and it also allowed the many modification each bike I have has by a simple declaration, I've yet to find any multibike policy that now allows the amount of modification I have on some bikes, I've even found some that will not insure a certain common enduro bike on their multibike policy.
The insurance companies I use have given generous first time discounts and then mirrored my main no claims in the second year.
All in it's less than £400 with the competition insurance or currently less than £300 with it lapsed, they also spread throughout the year and I can lapse anyone of them for two years and keep the no claims it has accumulated.
Sounds simple but I did spend a load of time sorting it all out.
Ricalnic

Post by Ricalnic »

Just done a few of mine, saved loads by doing individual policies through topcashback
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/category/bike-insurance/

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”