Marbella Bike Hire

Bikers and riding
Asgard

Marbella Bike Hire

Post by Asgard »

Anyone know if there is a trail/enduro Bike hire outfit in the area (non guided)?
From past experience of every country I've been to except North America the answer is most likely No, but if you don't ask
Its a trick............get an Axe
Campbell.D

Re: Marbella Bike Hire

Post by Campbell.D »

Hi Asgard, Try Mark at motohire spain in Teba . About 1 hour north of Marbella.
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Morning,

I use to head out to Malaga most winters on a cycle training camp and I vaguely remember there was a place in or near Benalmadena, it may have even been run by Yamaha, I have not been that way for a few years so sadly cannot comment further but it may give you a starting point.

There are some cracking roads starting around Mijas that head into the mountains, however I am not so certain of the off road options in the area?, I know there are some mountain bike trails there but I would not bet that they are open to motorcycles as whilst the area is not exactly over populated it is busy enough that gates and fences are in place blocking access from memory to what look like some trail areas.

If you do find somewhere renting trail bikes please post up as I wouldn't mind a bimble out there sometime next year.

Regards
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Cheers Hobo, Its a lead at least, If I find somewhere I'll report back
I will be taking one of my mountain bikes as always.
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

Asgard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am Cheers Hobo, Its a lead at least, If I find somewhere I'll report back
I will be taking one of my mountain bikes as always.
I know when I was there last a few folks used Fast Monkey which is a cycle rental shop, I think they have a uplift service if you don't fancy the slog to get up into the mountains, there are some serious climbs there. One that I cannot remember the name of but it is very popular was from the sea front to the Communication tower and it was honestly one of the hardest climb I had ever done, it made Sa Calobra in Majorca feel flat, I believe it is where they do the down hill runs from with the uplift service.

Decent place to be honest out that way if you have not been before regards to the environment and weather, it is very much little Britain however with aging expats and copious amounts of Burger joints and cafes all serving fry ups :?, as the older generation die out and with current generations not even having a pension I expect the area to decline fast in the coming decade.. It certainly was very cheap when I was there last for food etc.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Cheers mate, an uplift would suit me fine, I relish gnarly downhills but never been much of a climber
will definately check them out
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Current bike is a Yamaha T7
paulcobb72

Post by paulcobb72 »

You can also try BikeStardo, once hired they deliver bikes to your preferred location.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”