RT to GS and Off Road Skills Course

Bikers and riding
Sukahutan

RT to GS and Off Road Skills Course

Post by Sukahutan »

Just changed my 1150RT for a GS1200 Triple Black and what a difference. The bike practically rides itself. Very pleased.

I've risen some enduro and trials, 250s, and not quite grasping how a big bike does it so thinking of doing a course with Off Road Skills Ltd in Wales. Anyone comments on their courses would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Pint Master

Re: RT to GS and Off Road Skills Course

Post by Pint Master »

Expensive but brilliant , new bikes , top rate instructors , they give you so much confidence that you'll find yourself doing stuff you just wouldn't imagine being possible on a 1200 , try and stay in the pub, sorry Ive forgot its name , that the included evening meal is held at , Ive done level 1 and 2-3 Id love to go again some day , they also organise trail rides in Wales Portugal Spain Iceland Australia highly recommended but again expensive but still good value for money,Get it Booked Now.
HipposOffRoad

Post by HipposOffRoad »

Do it!

Fantastic courses. I've done Level 1 & 2 and the Brecon Beacons Adventure. Given me the confidence to take my GS off road in teh Peaks, Wales and at Sweet Lamb on their forestry rides.

Hopefully booking Level 3 for next year.

Simon
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Pint Master wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:53 pm Expensive but brilliant , new bikes , top rate instructors , they give you so much confidence that you'll find yourself doing stuff you just wouldn't imagine being possible on a 1200 , try and stay in the pub, sorry Ive forgot its name , that the included evening meal is held at , Ive done level 1 and 2-3 Id love to go again some day , they also organise trail rides in Wales Portugal Spain Iceland Australia highly recommended but again expensive but still good value for money,Get it Booked Now.
Abercrave Inn?
Sukahutan

Post by Sukahutan »

Thanks, guys. I've booked.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

The BMW off road skills course, I did it in 2003. Was good vfm then. I had a Pegaso 650 back then, and first rode an 1150 GSA - off road only- for part of the weekend. Most was on an F650GS. Great instruction. Fabulous weekend.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Sukahutan

Post by Sukahutan »

They have the GS1250 now as well as some others. Looking at the videos, I can't wait, looks like a lot of fun. I had to juggle dates with work and other commitments as well as coming from France where I live. Opted for a date in August and on booking, I thought to myself the date sounded familiar for a reason. Now realise that it's my partner's birthday, plus it's her sixtieth and she French. I doubt she'll ever forgive me. Haven't told her yet.
Porter20

Post by Porter20 »

Sukahutan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 am Just changed my 1150RT for a GS1200 Triple Black and what a difference. The bike practically rides itself. Very pleased.
paris airports transfers
I've risen some enduro and trials, 250s, and not quite grasping how a big bike does it so thinking of doing a course with Off Road Skills Ltd in Wales. Anyone comments on their courses would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would like to try this too
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

bond_yzf wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:37 am Check out www.adventureridertraining.org.uk
Yep, Jim could teach you a lot about adventure bike off roading. Check out the photo on the front of this months ABR magazine.
ABR54-Shop.jpg
ABR54-Shop.jpg (100.33 KiB) Viewed 6601 times
😉
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”