First adventure bike stolen in 3 weeks - Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

Bikers and riding
Tonibe63

Re: First adventure bike stolen in 3 weeks - Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

Post by Tonibe63 »

A very sad outcome for all involved in that situation.
I increasingly think anybody who works hard and pays their taxes are seen as a cash cow to provide money to the Politicians, Police and Insurance industry that takes our money under false pretences. They all take our money with promises of protection but sadly they underdeliver, leaving some to take the Law into their own hands.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

We have turned into a 'toll booth economy' where anyone doing anything productive has to support a load of hangers-on.

I'm lucky in that I hardly ever have to go to London, but the latest stunt from TfL is unbelievable. Because public transport use in London has fallen off a cliff and is unlikely to recover they are now short of cash. They have told the Treasury that they want all the road tax revenue for vehicles registered to London addresses handed over to them, or they will put a toll ring around Greater London and tax every vehicle registered to an address outside London.

This is on top of the congestion charge etc
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Reminds me of that old Animal song, you know the one "we gotta get out of this place".
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Not only did Boris, as mayor of London, add to the crime by closing all the youth clubs etc but started this whole inner city green thing which is frankly a load of rubbish with the much reduced emissions of modern vehicles, and consequently has killed , aided by Brexit and "work from home", the need and desire for loads of people to commute to the centre. Crossrail is a white ephalump no longer required, followed by its big brother HS2--they are both only money for the construction "friends of Boris" and nothing more--a way of skimming our tax revenue into the pockets of the already wealthy.
ABRMAN

Post by ABRMAN »

I will spread the news far and wide.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

This downward spiral started a long time ago, the idea that you could take almost unlimited money off people that were considered rich was a fatal mistake, because what does any sensible person do in those circumstances, they leave the country with their money.
The money available for investment and to support jobs starts to fall, it has taken some time but we are starting to see the results now.
The goverment have not learned the lesson, this busines about if a friend of a friend vaguely knew Putin, the goverment just seizes all of their assetts.
What message does that send to anyone with money, not just Russians, thinking about coming to this country?
Living in Scotland I may get saved by the tourist industry.
But then we are driving on the wrong side of the road and the road signs are imperial while everything else is metric, you just could not make it up.
Meanwhile ride safe and keep a sharp lookout for any tourists who understandably are totally confused.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”