First adventure bike stolen in 3 weeks - Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

Bikers and riding
tigerman800

Re: First adventure bike stolen in 3 weeks - Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

Post by tigerman800 »

unfortunately living in Leeds, i hear a lot of horror stories about bikes being stolen, i shared your bike on Leeds MAG site, i am a member of Leeds MAG, and we are campaigning to have more secure motorcycle parking placed around the Leeds area, the council have given us the funding for it, and we put out a questionnaire for people to say where they want secure bike parking.

i have to say the burley area of Leeds is a bit of a bad spot for scroats, i am happy to say i recovered a stolen bike this morning in Bradford, but not yours unfortunately............ the owner didn't even know it was nicked at 7.30am this morning, police have it now.

i really hope you get another tiger, i fitted a monimoto tracker, worth every penny, it rings my mobile the second anyone moves it.
gbags

Post by gbags »

That’s a killer.

I hope they find it for you.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

they should be going after the people making the money out of this and I suspect a trip on an aeroplane to somewhere in the Baltics may be a step in the right direction, taking a quick look at where a lot of used parts are for sale on ebay would give a detective a little clue. People dont buy them from there. :oops:
v-twinner

Post by v-twinner »

On the subject of this, does anyone happen to have the 10% discount code for Pragmasis (security for bikes)? Apparently you can get it through Bennetts insurance. It’ll make a nice saving ! TIA
PeteDuke

Post by PeteDuke »

A couple of years ago my new Ducati 1098 was stolen from my garage.
It was a couple of nights after I had been to my local bike night. That evening, Wednesday bike night a couple of s..s who were described as Polish (but that was probably wrong) were walking around the hundreds of bikes. Later got caught putting a cheap tracker on a bike, and got advised, in a forceful manner to leave, they left in Blue Transit van. Clearly my bike had had one of there trackers stuck on. Seems as if I may have been followed home, but I didnt notice.
Any way bike nicked overnight from the garage, on the Friday a neighbour saw it being loaded into a Blue Transit van, rang the Police but too late was gone. And never heard of again, until a few weeks later a mate told me to look on eBay. sure enough I could identify some bits for sale as mine bike. Police made aware but there was nothing they could do as the parts were for sale in Latvia.
How it got to Latvia from UK i've no idea, broken down or complete in the back of that transit, who knows.
Paul.Mullan

Post by Paul.Mullan »

Mate, gutted for you.

I'm hoping you find it and the bastards that took it get their comeuppance!
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Bring the thieving scum bags round here and I'll warm up the chainsaw to remove their sticky fingers for good..!

So sorry to hear this news!!!!
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

I got two tubes too one for each set of toes, if I caught em in my garage.
Réné Artois

Post by Réné Artois »

I just read in our local paper that a father and son, and the son's mate have been arrested in Paris ( suburbs) for homicide. The son's motorcycle was stolen during the evening so they went looking for it, having a pretty good idea where the theiving gits came from. They found the bike and prceeded to take it back, the theif called all his mates from the neighbouring tower block who obviously kicked off. The father, son and his mate recuperated the bike, leaving 2 or 3 seriously injured and one dead.

The police arrested the father and his son at their domicile later that evening.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Unfortunately if you don’t catch them nicking it & deal out a bit of justice on the spot, you leave yourself open to charges if you go looking for them later, you can’t claim you got carried away in the heat of the moment like you can on home territory I’m afraid.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”