2 night camping trip

Bikers and riding
jasperthedog

2 night camping trip

Post by jasperthedog »

Good Afternoon All,
Is there anything on anywhere?
I,ve managed to get a free weekend so thought I would clear off for a couple of days. leaving Leicester Friday morning return sunday afternoon. Ideal trip would be set up camp Friday night by water would be nice, then explore a few greenlanes Saturday and then watch local trials/endure before heading home on the sunday.
Will be on a 950 adv so nice easy lanes and small or wild camp preferable, just somewhere to chill.
So any ideas ?
cheers,
Rich.
dibbs

Re: 2 night camping trip

Post by dibbs »

Depends how far you want to travel. I would recommend coming down to Thetford forest (Suffolk/Norfolk area)and ride the lanes around there this will keep you amused all day! there will be some camp sites to stay at, and I think a few lakes nearby to sit beside and contemplate the ride back!! just a thought and good luck. let us know where you end up (thumbs)
jasperthedog

Post by jasperthedog »

Thanks for that,
I had shortlisted thetford but I sail out of Felixstowe so fancied a different area. Buxton and the lakes sounds spot on, looks like I could get lost up there for a couple of days.
And Mike you do realise I,m going to have that tune in my head all weekend don't you ;)
cheers,
Rich.
Mikekitts81

2 night camping trip

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I would go up through Buxton and maccesfeild doing the green lanes there passing through up to the lakes plenty of camping up in the lakes and easy put at tent up at side of one at night then spend the day up in the lakes doing green lanes and ride a few of the passes like wrynose and hardknot lovely scenarie and a great ride ... the lanes are easy and nothing to drastic in Buxton and maccesfeild I do have a few videos on you tube from last time I went and I have a video of wrynose pass etc easy stuff I did it on a supermoto in wet on road tyres they that easy ... on you tube my channel is adventures of mike if you want to have a look .....
Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
lmac

Post by lmac »

There's an Adventure bike do on at Buxton rugby club this weekend, Hog roast North, might be worth a look.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

jasperthedog wrote:Thanks for that,

I had shortlisted thetford but I sail out of Felixstowe so fancied a different area. Buxton and the lakes sounds spot on, looks like I could get lost up there for a couple of days.

And Mike you do realise I,m going to have that tune in my head all weekend don't you ;)

cheers,
Rich.
Cant think which tune you mean ... but you won't be disappointed going up there you could always go down m6 on way back and get off at Lancaster and do salters fell aswell but personally I haven't done that yet last time I went up to do it I got a puncture coming off the junction and the tube had completely split in half so couldn't repair had to get trailered back ...

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

If you are heading up the lakes and fancy a decent breakfast before you leave on Sunday try popping into Torver (near Coniston).
Torver bikers breakfast

If religion isn't your thing don't worry you wont be alone its a good meeting place and plenty of bikes turn up for breakfast before heading off for the day.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”