Bad manners

Bikers and riding
artic fox

Bad manners

Post by artic fox »

Three times today while driving my lorry, I've spotted a biker coming up behind me and I pulled over as close as I could to the hard shoulder and gave a short indication left and gave the biker a thumbs up, each time the bikers overtook me, not one even acknowledged me and on one occasion the two cars in front of me done exactly the same thing as me and the biker just rode passed without a single thanks, I should also point out that they where all on Suzuki sport bikes.
geoham

Re: Bad manners

Post by geoham »

I hate it when that happens myself, Not hard to put your hand up to say thanks.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

You must remember that they are leaning forward and, coupled with being scared of the bike, they can't take their hand off without collapsing--they are not riding a GS with a nice relaxed and upright riding position!--perhaps they should do the French thing and stick a foot out--but again would struggle to get their foot back up on the footrest.
WillS

Post by WillS »

In France most, and I mean nearly all always drop the right leg off the footrest to say thank you, so in the UK it's not hard to drop the left leg to say "Thank You" I find most cars and vehicles always try to pull over to let you pass.
I think it's why most car drivers do it, as 99% acknowledge (thumbs)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

If any of them are on a regular run they will find that eventually other road users won't be bothered to pull over for them. Unfortunatly it could affect other bikers on the same route.

Nick.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I do thank people for indicating for me to overtake.At least they noticed I was there,but I still hang back until I've seen for myself it's ok.Twice on a recent run I would have been head first into a car coming around a bend or over the brow of a hill after someone indicated for me to pass!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

WillS wrote:In France most, and I mean nearly all always drop the right leg off the footrest to say thank you, so in the UK it's not hard to drop the left leg to say "Thank You" I find most cars and vehicles always try to pull over to let you pass.
That's what I do, if I want to keep both hands on the bars... (thumbs)
WillS

Post by WillS »

SteveR wrote:
WillS wrote:In France most, and I mean nearly all always drop the right leg off the footrest to say thank you, so in the UK it's not hard to drop the left leg to say "Thank You" I find most cars and vehicles always try to pull over to let you pass.
Yes agree it's the safest way. But still never pass until "YOU" are sure the way is clear!! (thumbs)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

SteveR wrote:
same here if the traffic is heavy and slow, trying to balance throttle and clutch and wave isn't always possible :silly:
viince

Post by viince »

I normaly drop right or left boot depending who moved over (thumbs)
wifey always waves when pillion (thumbs)

or you could get one of these :laugh:

1171.jpg
1171.jpg (11 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
cheers vince
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”