This forum

Bikers and riding
Brenhden

Re: This forum

Post by Brenhden »

Crossrutted wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
It would be nice to think of this place as a community of Adventure Riders rather than a bunch of douche bags that delight in getting one over on each other.
Bren, IMHO the most often missing part is a sense of humour. Some people take life (and themselves) far too seriously.
I totally agree, and I am sure this has been said before but what sounds funny when you type isn't always funny when you read. Concepts like irony, sarcasm and satire frequently don't translate on paper in the same way as they do face to face. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Brenhden wrote:
I totally agree, and I am sure this has been said before but what sounds funny when you type isn't always funny when you read. Concepts like irony, sarcasm and satire frequently don't translate on paper in the same way as they do face to face. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.
Very true. A few years ago I was asked my someone at work to be a bit more 'friendly' in my emails which they said were too blunt and to the point. I had no idea that they had interpreted them that way :blush: .

I like this forum. I like the banter and the bickering and I like the different range of opinions. I also like the wealth of good information on here. And the standard of posts is good too, very little 'text type' or abbreviations which are difficult to follow unless your 21.

I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back (thumbs)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Scott_rider wrote:
Very true. A few years ago I was asked my someone at work to be a bit more 'friendly' in my emails which they said were too blunt and to the point. I had no idea that they had interpreted them that way :blush:
Funny that I was told exactly the same thing by my boss recently and I said I respond in kind to emails, be blunt and rude to me and you get it back :whistle:
I treat people the way they treat me (thumbs)
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

This Forum seems to have an unhealthy concern about Meat @ the moment!
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I always try to send emails with it in my mind that the recipient might show someone else :pinch:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

AndyB wrote:I always try to send emails with it in my mind that the recipient might show someone else :pinch:
The recipient did show someone else, my boss :whistle: I never put in anything that was factually inaccurate and could back up everything I said (thumbs) as I said I treat people etc, I ain`t grovelling to anyone ;)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Brenhden wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
byewayrider wrote:Its a age thing ...
Funny you should say that, and there probably is some truth in bickering going on because the average age on this forum is grumpy, intolerant old git.

However, with age comes a calmer outlook, more acceptance that different people have different views, better discipline and more respect for other people. Plus most of us know what it's like to sit down and talk to people face to face, rather than growing up having learnt our social skills on the internet.

I think this forum is a much nicer, friendlier place to be, than some other forums I've been on where the average age is much younger.

Check the quote in my signature from a (albeit fictional) wise old man.
I agree, bickering and trolling still happens here but much less than most places. Proving Al wrong about him not visiting the site says a lot more about you than him.

It would be nice to think of this place as a community of Adventure Riders rather than a bunch of douche bags that delight in getting one over on each other.
It might say more about me if I'd done it instead of deciding against it.

By "you" were you addressing Mark 1150, or do you need to read my post again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

-Ralph- wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Funny you should say that, and there probably is some truth in bickering going on because the average age on this forum is grumpy, intolerant old git.

However, with age comes a calmer outlook, more acceptance that different people have different views, better discipline and more respect for other people. Plus most of us know what it's like to sit down and talk to people face to face, rather than growing up having learnt our social skills on the internet.

I think this forum is a much nicer, friendlier place to be, than some other forums I've been on where the average age is much younger.

I agree, bickering and trolling still happens here but much less than most places. Proving Al wrong about him not visiting the site says a lot more about you than him.

I didn't mean you, I meant Mark and the folk who cheered for him. This was written in the context of the being read by the forum and not by an individual, I should have put a paragraph break in there. Ha. This is perfect example of my point. Sorry dude.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Brenhden wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:

I didn't mean you, I meant Mark and the folk who cheered for him. This was written in the context of the being read by the forum and not by an individual, I should have put a paragraph break in there. Ha. This is perfect example of my point. Sorry dude.
Very brave calling me names form the other end of a keyboard, call it to me face to face
and you'll need a fucking douche bag.

BTW It wasn't you who was called a racist was it, so hold your fucking tongue.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”