What would your partner say if....

Bikers and riding
MidnightSerenity

Re:What would your partner say if....

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Aidan1150 wrote:
I'm just three weeks home after five weeks away alone in the US on the bike and a mate called to visit last Sunday and happened to mention a six week ride in China in summer 2012. Why don't you go too Aidan was all that my wife Mandy said. :woohoo:
So will you go Aidan? And does Mandy ride as well...even pillion?
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

Well I haven't tried yet, but after I started riding again, and hired a bike several times, Mrs ET turned round and said why don't I buy one?
:woohoo:

er...okay :lol:

I suspect a trip would be no different B)
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

E.T. wrote:
Well I haven't tried yet, but after I started riding again, and hired a bike several times, Mrs ET turned round and said why don't I buy one?
:woohoo:

er...okay :lol:

I suspect a trip would be no different B)
Mrs ET sounds like the perfect biker wife!! :)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Call me a "home boy" if you will, but having had to be away from home for many months at a time in different parts of the world, being apart from family is not fun for me. Did 3 weeks through France & Spain last year to visit a sister in Spain and found it quite weird, finding myself voluntarily separating myself from my family.
Now, if her indoors was willing to park her derier! on the back of the bike for several weeks whilst covering miles in Europe or further flung places, then the worlds our oyster, so's to speak.

But that's just me, "home boy" ;)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Aidan1150

Post by Aidan1150 »

MidnightSerenity wrote:
So will you go Aidan? And does Mandy ride as well...even pillion?
I'm hoping to MS. B)

Mandy rides about 6 or 7 thousand miles on average each year on the pillion. I don't know how she does it to be honest. :S
scouse

Post by scouse »

africajim wrote:
Well, Fiona would just say when are we going? We've toured Europe for years now and would love to spend more time touring.
Yup like wise... did a trip on my own this year for the first time in over ten years and was given a helmet cam to take to record it as she couldn't get the time off herself.

We have travelled thousands of miles together on our bikes and can't think of a better riding companion.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”