Hello from Derby

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
AlanQ

Hello from Derby

Post by AlanQ »

Hello everybody, been lurking far too long and thought I really ought to say hello.

Despite a long love affair with classic cars I'd been promising myself for years that “one day” I'd take my bike test. I saw a copy of ABR in Smiths, read it cover to cover and that gave me the kick I needed to get myself booked in for a DAS course. I passed my test and exactly a year ago I bought my first ever motorbike (KTM 690R). So at the grand old age of 46 I now feel like a proper motorbikist.

I joined the Peak District TRF (friendly bunch) and I've now got several green lane excursions under my belt, although I know I've still an awful lot to learn both on and off road. I've been mountain Biking in the Peaks for years so know a lot of the trails but it's a completely different experience on a KTM!

Best of all, I've now been given the green light by SWMBO to “go for it” so somehow or other I'll be heading off to Morocco later this year :)

I hope to meet some of you out and about on the trails,
Cheers
Alan
Ubique 895

Hello from Derby

Post by Ubique 895 »

Nice one dude, and welcome :-)
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
skygod

Re: Hello from Derby

Post by skygod »

Welcome aboard Alan. I`m doing a ride out a week on Saturday in the Peaks if you fancy it?
Gaz
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".
AlanQ

Post by AlanQ »

Thanks for the invite Gaz,
I'd love to take you up on that but I'm supposed to be taking my Son back to Uni on the 7th :(
I'll give you a shout if i can re-arrange
scouse

Post by scouse »

Ey Up... another one for the fold...we are in Alvaston Checkout the East Midlands Group on here to link up with others in the area.:D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Welcome to ABR mate.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Domsday

Hello from Derby

Post by Domsday »

Welcome aboard!
KTM '08 990 Adventure

KTM '03 450 EXC
bunker

Post by bunker »

Welcome to the forum mate :)
Triumph Tiger 885
Gary117

Post by Gary117 »

Hello Alan and welcome to ABR
2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
akey

Hello from Derby

Post by akey »

Welcome from another one in Derbyshire, although not been out on the trails yet:(
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”