touring scottland

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
waynes world

touring scottland

Post by waynes world »

Hi i am new to abr i am 53 years old have had mostly sports bikes i live in co durham my present bike is a bmw f800gs i love this bike my good lady and i fancy touring scotland in the spring 2up of course if anybody fancys joining us you would be very welcome hope two meet some friends for rides out between now and then many thanks see ya
LargeWayRound

Re: touring scottland

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Wayne

Welcome along to the forum .

Cheers from Aberdeen (Scotland)

p.s. Scotland is wet , roads are potholed, full of midges, terrible traffic ....... :)

But when its nice its fantastic ...
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Hello Wayne and welcome :)

My husband and I are hoping do the Highlands & some island hopping next summer, we're not planning anything, just gonna wait for some good weather....take a sickie from work and go ;)
davem

touring scottland

Post by davem »

Welcome to the forum Wayne. You won't regret touring Scotland. Some great roads and scenery.
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Hullo.

only one 'T' in scoTland :whistle:
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Welcome in Wayne B)

You'll enjoy Scotland, if the weather is kind to you both.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, we stay in Scotland, Morayshire. But we do tour around the country for weekends all season round so If we know when you're up north we could possibly meet up?
Honda, the power of dreams.
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Hi Wayne & Welcome from Aberdeenshire :)
Brads

Post by Brads »

Ey up
I`m near Edinburgh, and chances are I`ll be faffing around Scotland next year as well,, maybe on a 1959 Lambretta though!!,, but mostly on the Ten

Last year me and the missus got the Island hopper ticket and fired across to Barra from Oban,, travelled up the Hebrideas to Stornaway, back through Ullapool , to Skye etc,, fantastic trip,, camped the whole time (cept firing across to a Hotel for one nights bath and hair straightners!!,,not me like !)

Enjoyed the whole thing,, but wouldn`t bother with Skye again,, the best bit about Skye is the road along the Kyle of Lochalsh which is amazing,, but then I`d turn around and go back somewhere else!! hahaha

Maybe bump into you,, specially if there is an ABR meet on
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

If you're up Scotland end of April beginning of May take in the pre65 trial in Kinlochleven & the Scottish 6 day trial in Fort William while you're up there.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”