Good day one and all

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Kas55

Good day one and all

Post by Kas55 »

Hi all,
Been around bikes my entire life, started in fields from about 9 been on them ever since now 65. Had all the classics in the day RGV’s CBX, Exup, GSXR’s. Etc etc. Raced a bit including world endurance, then got fed up with ass up head down and went adventure route. XT 650, Transalp, GS and GSA’s KTM adv, Suzuki DL1000. Ridden all over Europe with SHMBO plus Africa, Himalayas, Nepal, south India and a bit of Mexico and down to South America. Have met some great people on the road as well as at meetings of another well known site.
Looking forward to so good reading and banter.
‘“Space, movement, wildlife, culture, scenery, self-sufficiency – these are the rewards of overlanding” My most favourite place is inside my crash helmet.
daveuprite

Re: Good day one and all

Post by daveuprite »

That's an interesting biking 'CV'. Who did you race with in World Endurance? I never made it to that level, sadly, but did KRC for a few years.

If you've got any pics of your travels stick 'em up in the pics section - always good to see some proper adventure memories.

Welcome to ABR :D
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from sunny Stroud, can you post us your favourite photo you have ever taken on an adventure?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Yes, I agree that's an interesting biking CV. The only competitive biking I've done certainly wasn't racing, it was just the opposite.... trials. I'm guessing the other well known site you mention is HU; probably the best for adventurer types (IMO of course).
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Welcome 'Kass55'...!!

wOOw an impressive introduction, splendid background you have there. You mention the CBX.....(drool mode :shock: ), my most favourite machine of all times...!!

Looking forward to your input/craic/banter/photo's.

regards;
mac
Scotland
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”