Runcorn Cheshire

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Richard_Williams

Runcorn Cheshire

Post by Richard_Williams »

Hey, I’ve got a 450l love it, my first duel sport bike other than a 1190 adv I had but that never seen a dirt ! I’m after new adventures on this and look forward to finding new lanes and trails, a mate of mine has just got a 250x as well so got a buddy to go ride with any advice on apps/ maps to get to use to find legal routes to go on would be appreciated thanks Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisCole

Re: Runcorn Cheshire

Post by ChrisCole »

Probably the best source of mapped legal routes is the Trail Riders Fellowship. Shared GPX routes are by no means guaranteed to be legal.
Richard_Williams

Ok nice I’ll check them out, I don’t want to be that guy messing it up for everyone, also don’t want my day being ruined by the feds!

bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Welcome. not so much info on here about your bike so good to see some thoughts as you get to know it. Red just looks good uh.
Richard_Williams

bikenav wrote:Welcome. not so much info on here about your bike so good to see some thoughts as you get to know it. Red just looks good uh.
I love it so far mate, always been a fast road rider so this is a different kettle of fish! Not much to report back on yet but might do a new thread when I’ve put some miles on it ImageImage

990Duck

Post by 990Duck »

Joining the TRF is one option. There are a few routes around the Peak District, on View ranger posted by a chap called Hugh Cleary, who keeps his routes upto date. I've ridden hi Tissington Big Bike winter Route numerous times, excellent days riding.
Theres also the Trans Euro Trail (TET) which has some interesting section. you can download the gpx from the TET website.
I'm out in the peaks and Wales most week ends, happy to show you some lanes.
Last edited by 990Duck on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Might I suggest that you also consider joining GLASS and thereby have access to their excellent resource called Trailwise2. Despite incorrect claims by some to the contrary GLASS is not purely for 4X4 drivers but endeavours to represent all users of green lanes.

The mapping system shows the location of all of the lanes plus descriptions of the routes, etc. The system is very well maintained by volunteers and it is regularly updated.

Both GLASS and the TRF have local groups at which you can meet like minded fellow green lane users. The legality of routes is under constant threat and change so by joining the groups you can both be kept up to date and support our fight to retain access for all users.

Many routes that should not be ridden are marked with the prohibition sign of the 'motorcycle jumping over a car', in Cheshire some just show a car.
prohibited.jpg
prohibited.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
If in any doubt do not venture along them without finding more information.

The generally accepted sign colour code for classified routes is;

Yellow = footpath :cry:
Blue = bridleway :cry:
Plum = restricted byway :cry:
Red = BOAT Byway Open to All Traffic :D

There are also many unclassified routes which may have a waymarker disc of a white circle encompassing a black coloured arrow.

We on here are available for guidance too.

TTFN

Hugh.

https://www.glass-uk.org

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”