Hello folks ...

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Onenoodles

Re: Hello folks ...

Post by Onenoodles »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:22 am
Onenoodles wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am not much of it was anything really dramatic in terms of whinching bikes through jungle
Oh well if you have winched your bike through the jungle then you can get off the site right now, you lightweight... :D
:lol: :lol: I know ... I really have not pushed the boundries really ... only had to pick a bike up once I think? a Vara and it nearly ruptured me! I am a classic wannabe, I have the Arai, my top box has a Dakar sticker on (I kid you not) and my Rev It Dominator gloves and I do 2 mph with my feet down if I hit anything other than tarmac :D
I did do 2 weeks trekking in Taman Negra jungle (on foot no bikes involved) with a guide and that was the nearest I have come to full on adventure and it was tough. All my 'scrapes' have involved tummy and toilets to be honest ... India acounting for the most spectacular but the biking has been pretty much incident free owing to not really doing anything too testing I guess :roll:
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Did you happen to test-ride the Yamaha Super Tenere before you bought it....?.....any other machines caught your eye before choosing the Super10.......just curious.

A great choice of wheels, have you any plans maybe after restrictions lift (I hope) for any trips away either in UK or maybe Europe next year etc....?

Yes, the North Coast 500 of Scotland will be hettic whenever restrictions are lifted, thousands of camper vans galore driving at speeds of around 30mph I'm sure.........Yikes........!!!! Hellish.

Regards;
Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

macvisual wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:14 pm Did you happen to test-ride the Yamaha Super Tenere before you bought it....?.....any other machines caught your eye before choosing the Super10.......just curious.

A great choice of wheels, have you any plans maybe after restrictions lift (I hope) for any trips away either in UK or maybe Europe next year etc....?

Yes, the North Coast 500 of Scotland will be hettic whenever restrictions are lifted, thousands of camper vans galore driving at speeds of around 30mph I'm sure.........Yikes........!!!! Hellish.

Regards;
Peter
Hi Peter
I had already had a Versys 1000 and so did not want another though a lovely bike, didnt want a BMW as didn't want to spend the money that a low mileage one would require and the Triumphs don't really do it for me though again they look a great bike. I just felt the S10 was unfinished business and the reputation for reliability I guess?

I had a Balkans trip planned for June but pushed that out to August/Sept now as France and Germany needs to get itself sorted to allow it to go ahead ... so its the Balkans or maybe over to Sardinia and back through the Dolimites if we finally get moving!

What about yourself ... anything planned?

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”