Newbie from Surrey

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
NRG-57

Newbie from Surrey

Post by NRG-57 »

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum, tho on a couple of ‘others’. Recently retired, albeit unintentionally / unplanned thanks to COVID ! Hey ho....

Got a GSA currently but looking to change that very soon me thinks, to a GS. Also got a Ducati Monster for that bit of adrenalin fix now and then, tho shit knees mean it probably a bit of a ‘last hurrah’ for that kinda bike...

Done quite a few European tours, but doing a 2 week tour of Morocco in late 2019 wetted my appetite for further afield stuff. Mind you, Covid has stuffed all plans for the time being....Sod’s law now I have more time on my hands !!

Anyway, hi to all....
Tonibe63

Re: Newbie from Surrey

Post by Tonibe63 »

Hello and welcome.
Lots of seasoned travellers and long tripper's on here for experienced advice.
Sold my Italian Vtwin 1200 this year after downsizing to a Himalayan, not quite got the same visual viaggra effect but it's done twice the miles in 18 months than my Morini Scrambler did in 3 years. Still got the 14 year old GS (not GSA) for longhaul stuff though ........ I live in hope ;) 8-) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Hello from Kent.

Im sure that you will be able find some inspiration and information on here. We’re a good bunch in the main.....I think.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Ahh, Surrey.... I remember regular Sundays at Boxhill, thrashing along the Dorking/Leatherhead dual carriageway, which some killjoy has now made into a single-lane road! I can almost smell that 2-stroke oil!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”