Greetings

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Bikerboysmiler

Greetings

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Hello forum
Time to introduce myself. Watched the forum for a long time, always ridden and done modest adventures but the building is getting more involved and my old man encouraged me to join the forum.
To set the context, I'm no Dakar rider, crashed my knees too much as a youngster. I like adventuring, on or off road, away from the hustle. So don't aspire to 100bhp dirt bikes or silliness like this. Big fan of the T7 but always loved lighter bikes and apart from peak power, my best all round on/off roader was my TTR250. I never got to fitting a big bore kit as I got too ambitious and got a bigger bike, TDM850 but missed it. I've had SMs and converted a Diversion to light trails work also then went OEM on a Versys for a while. After some years doing too many miles for work and not riding I decided in March it was enough and I was getting some freedom and adventure back.
My 'bike' is rather left field and unique but so far been amazing. It's a Quadro 4 scooter, now called a Qooder if you Google either name. Leans like a bike, but 4 wheels and bug comfy seat. It's no featherweight but I don't intend to do heavy off roading (he says). My first and second green lane outings didn't quite match that intent however and showed me the bikes capabilities and short falls. So I'm addressing the latter to improve the former.
Hopefully a pic below, maybe a video too...

Cheers
Tyler

Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Greetings

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Welcome.

That vehicle looks absolutely mad...you'll love it on here!
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Well thats different, welcome :D
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from Stroud.
Never seen one of those before. I like it.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Does it reverse? And if so, how fast can you go backwards?

Welcome to the site by the way... :D
Bikerboysmiler

Post by Bikerboysmiler »

Thanks guys.

Imagine it's just a 2 wheeler, leans and handles the same only smoother. So no reverse. Would have helped a few times, it's not a scrambler, 280kg with all the extra wheels etc and some HD body panels. But it's on the scope to chip away at the weight.

I'll get to writing a build thread some time, done lots to it already (lockdown...) and hopefully it'll transform the way I envisage into the machine I can see it being.

PS, Qooder have a new model in the pipeline for light off-roading with a traditional riding position and weight savings.

Cheers
Tyler

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”