Newbie in west london.

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
galewindsor

Newbie in west london.

Post by galewindsor »

Sorry, not an ABR, but really interested in doing the welsh bridges route i have seen in an abr article. Can anyone tell me if the whole route would be suitable on a road bike (bonneville)?
bikenav

Re: Newbie in west london.

Post by bikenav »

just had a look at the route it appears to be the most part bigger roads with a little single track roads but all tarmac, if you have the time there are many nice bits around that route if just use it as starting guide enjoy your ride no matter what your iron. Remember Wales is not open yet for travel,
C-Strom650

Re: Newbie in west london.

Post by C-Strom650 »

People often forget that motorcycles were invented before tarmac was. If those old wooden wheel bikes could handle some hard packed dirt roads, literally any modern bike can. The Bonnie is fairly capable. The only issues I can see will be your tyres, weather conditions and how we'll the Bonnie will handle vibration. But if you go around with some thread lock and a torque wrench, swap your rubber, and take your time. You'd be surprised where you can go on a bike like that.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”