wk 400 trail

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Shane58

wk 400 trail

Post by Shane58 »

Hello people,
New to the site and new to wk motorcycles
I have a problem. the bike starts and rides ok, but has its own idea to just cut out when going down the gears or stopped at crossroads, starts up again no problems. seen something about fuel cap gasket, popped the cap and road it, the same problem removed the spark plug looks good ...looks and feels like electrical as its a sudden cut-out
Any ideas?
also where to get parts for this bike, i don't mean service parts i mean everything else, coils etc
regards
shane
Andi_Archer

Re: wk 400 trail

Post by Andi_Archer »

Hi Shane welcome to the site , did you check the side stand is not loose it may be activating the kill switch relay?
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

They all appear to suffer with it. On long straights , especially when air temp is warm, mine will cut out on slowing to a roundabout or junction ramp.
If lucky and fast enough itll bump and start, if not will start at first prod of switch.
Fuel lock, there's no breather pipe.
There's a wk400 owners thread on here. A few pages in and a few have tried a few things
Mine has sidestand switch disabled and still does it.
One piece of advice. The inside of the gear lever is Sharp. Mine went over and it punctured a hole in the engine casing. Near 3 month wait for another. Make a plate for the vulnerable part of xasing and grind the sharp edge on lever back
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

FB_IMG_1529275904126.jpg
FB_IMG_1529275904126.jpg (93.44 KiB) Viewed 8848 times
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Shane58 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:38 pm Hello people,
New to the site and new to wk motorcycles
I have a problem. the bike starts and rides ok, but has its own idea to just cut out when going down the gears or stopped at crossroads, starts up again no problems. seen something about fuel cap gasket, popped the cap and road it, the same problem removed the spark plug looks good ...looks and feels like electrical as its a sudden cut-out
Any ideas?
also where to get parts for this bike, i don't mean service parts i mean everything else, coils etc
regards
shane
Hi Shane, welcome to the site and the world of WK. Hopefully with two mods this can be fixed as mine used to do the same and no longer does any cutting out during a ride.................the first is to do a fuel cap mod, check the WK thread on here as it has the key steps and pictures required, the gasket in the fuel cap may need trimming and a hole drilled to ensure no vacuum forms.............the next is more tricky and involves checking and possibly adjusting the TPS setting with a meter this is also on the WK thread. Suggest you try the first and come back on here after if you need help on the TPS. May be best to use the WK thread rather than this one to keep things tidy. These are great bikes in my view and with some fettling they seem very capable and reliable, ive got 6000 miles on mine and once the bits ive explained plus a few other things were sorted its been great to ride, basic and old school but then so am i.................

In terms of parts then wkbikes.com have a parts department, many items are in stock but not all, if its not in stock you could wait up to 3 months , some service items can be found elseware
Rutlandflyer

Re: wk 400 trail plug in for fault code

Post by Rutlandflyer »

Doe any one know if there is a plug in for clearing fault codes please
Wk 400 trail 2016
Rutlandflyer

Post by Rutlandflyer »

Anyone had problems with 6000rpm bogging down
Rutlandflyer

Post by Rutlandflyer »

My WK 400 trail used to stall at junctions ,clean air flow senser now doesn't do it anymore.
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Welcome to the Mad House and get out there and Dirty.
Always liked the WK Dirt style offerings and Trail Wise even used the 125 for a lot of the women shorter riders on there courses and really wragged them about without issues.
As mentioned above apart from welcome posts in this thread, any questions would be better answered in the relevant forum sections and threads.
Enjoy the freedom a bike gives...
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Nearly 18mths since Shane's first & only post either he cured the problem or he's stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere? :D :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”