Hi adventure bike riders

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Zookman

Hi adventure bike riders

Post by Zookman »

I've been lurking on this forum for the last couple of days and liked the look of it, so thought i would register.
From Bristol, UK and been riding motorcycles for 35 years now. Had a few dual sport/ adventure bikes in the past, including Transalp 600, Varadero, and a Triumph Tiger 955i.
For the last year i've had a Suzuki Bandit 1250SA, but i was missing the comfort and touring capabilities of a dual sport bike, being 6'1" they fit me better than road bikes. So a few months ago i bought an 09 ex demonstrator V Strom DL650. Kitted it out with a Givi 45ltr topbox, crash bars, ally bashplate, stainless rad and oil cooler cover, had the seat and screen modified, modded the zorst to make it sound a bit better and a few other finishing touches.
Its a bike i'm more pleased with than any other dual sport i've owned.... but just couldn't bring myself to chop my GSF1250 in for it, so i keep both of them.
My touring nowadays mainly consist of attending motorcycle rallies in the UK and Belgium.
Alun

Re:Hi adventure bike riders

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to the forum Zookman. I know that can't get rid of them feeling well, I've a Tiger 885 and a Sprint that should have gone a few months ago when I bought a 995i Tiger.

What rallies do you go too?
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Seems you have the best of both worlds with your choice of bikes.
Welcome Zook, stick around.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Alun wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum Zookman. I know that can't get rid of them feeling well, I've a Tiger 885 and a Sprint that should have gone a few months ago when I bought a 995i Tiger.

What rallies do you go too?
Mind you.... i can never say never that i wont change one or both of them, there's always something coming out that may tempt me. I'll be interested in whether this new Varadero with a V4 materialises.

Too many rallies to list really.... but they include Wesh Coast, Ogri, Lash At The Lode, Pissheads, MAG, A38, United Bikers Petrolheads etc etc.
Belgium.... I do Coastriders, Tententreffen and St Nicks.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Treadtrader wrote:
Seems you have the best of both worlds with your choice of bikes.
Welcome Zook, stick around.
Hi.....
Good to see other Strommers on here.
f2uk

Post by f2uk »

There seems to be a few Strommers turning up now, the more the merrier I say! :)
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

hello mate, nice to see more new faces, welcome to the gang!!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”