NEWBIE INTRODUCTION

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.

NEWBIE INTRODUCTION

Post by 03001978 »

GREETINGS ALL,

As a newbie here I thought I would introduce myself.

Although not a recent two wheel convert, I am however a recent convert to engined powered two wheels having favoured pedal power for the past 10 years, and touring at a much slower pace.

I ride about on an 2006 Aprilia Pegaso Trail which as a first bike I find very comfortable and perfect for my needs. I have modified a BMW GS topbox to fit my rack and plan to put on their panniers in the next couple of weeks so it is ready for some summer trips.

There is something special about a bike fully loaded that I just cant resist,(engine powered or not)

So, to you all, hello and I hope to speak to you all soon.

REGARDS
CALLUM (03001978)
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (123.31 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
Trailqiest

Re:NEWBIE INTRODUCTION

Post by Trailqiest »

Hi Callum

The bike looks good and the top box fits well! Are you considering any off road adventuring?

Richard
www.trailquestadventure.com
Alun

Post by Alun »

Welcome Callum. Couldn't agree more, that feeling of having a fully loaded bike and some free time on your hands is intoxicating alright. Ditto packing up a rucksack and heading into the hills.

I've done a fair bit of cycle touring over the years though mostly by MTB and absolutely loved it. However, given the choice there's no contest these days, the old legs need the help of a few horsepower and I've handed over my road touring bike to my son who's off on a month long cycle/train tour of Europe this summer.

Where you planning on touring? And yes, nice top box!

Post by 03001978 »

I would like to do some off road touring but I am unsure of the legalities of this

In Scotland there is obviously the right to roam but that only applies to walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
Richard, do you have a database of suitable tracks, routes etc...?

I have some relations in Bulgaria so maybe a little road trip is in order.

CW
Alun

Post by Alun »

Bulgaria is off road heaven, there are loads of trails in the Rila mountain range - some easy, some technical singletrack and access is not a problem. I've not ridden there but have hiked, MTB and climbed a few times.

Post by 03001978 »

My dad lives near Tryavna (Gabrovo) and in a range of hills which has fantastic oppurtunities for trials riding as well as off road riding, would be fantastic if I could wangle the time off work!

CW
Alun

Post by Alun »

I'm working on finding an alternative to work.

Have you figured out how long it would take to ride to Tryavna?

Post by 03001978 »

My dad has done it two ways. One much more favourable than the other.

Option 1: Aberdeen to Hull / Newcastle over to Holland through Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and finally Bulgaria entering form the North.

Option 2: Aberdeen to Felixstowe and take the Euro Tunnel to France, through Switzerland, Italy and the ferry across to Greece and onwards to Bulgaria. This would have much better roads through the Alps, the challenging Italian Roads and then Greece (Much luck required in reading their road signs though!) before entering Bulgaria from the South.

I would think 6-8 days would be achievable for each option.

CW
Alun

Post by Alun »

A slow Option 2 on the way out and a quick blast back via option 1 would make a great trip. Wish my dad lived out in Bulgaria, I'll have to have a word with him.
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

Hi to All and Alun
I am a newbie to this site but was unsure where to post a 'Hello', should it be in the 'Quick Intro', 'Hi from my part of the World', 'Hi' or 'Saying Hello' threads :S anyhow I am here now, good looking site and can't wait for the mag to come out, good luck and best wishes with it all Alun. Looks like your getting a good number of guys from the XRV forum joining in, I can see already a few familiar faces. Have you a release date for forum stickers yet ? :silly:

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”