A nice problem to have

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
david

Re: A nice problem to have

Post by david »

Urgent Sale: Yamaha XT660Z 2011 -Price Drop £3750-

Category: FOR SALE - WANTED| Topic started 3 days, 3 hours ago by 1ceman

??????????????????????????????????? worth thinking about.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I didn't mean the super tenere..i was meaning the tenere as in the 660 single version.
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
herman

Post by herman »

For that budget buy two, faired bandit,vfr, etc, etc, ride it and know it will start every time and an XTZ,KTM,Husky,etc, for muddy excursions but with long enough legs to travel on. Hours of endless farkling then follows. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
xylo66

Post by xylo66 »

Don't quite get that. Maybe I missed something. Maybe too tall, but having owned a GSA for 6 years and now a S-10 for 2, you are mistaken or misinformed or looked at the wrong bike. I'm really confused by your statement. I'm not biased on the S-10, but based on pure fact and experience. If you were close to Wiltshire you are more than welcome to come by and have spin !!..AND a closer look !. I rode the F800GS and highly recommend that too.

My 2p worth

cheers
Chris
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Cheers for that. I'll most certainly be around as I'm an old veteran of the euro demos in the 90's when 50,000 bikes turned up in paris to stop type approval coming in. But the best part was that it was in paris and 95% of the bikes were all from the UK.
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

Iam biased for the R1200GS its the best bike ever but..... I know our local dealership will let people test ride if they have their riding instructor with them for the first year after passing. Maybe yours will?
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

HI, I'm near Salisbury so yes in Wiltshire....so but whats an S-10 or am i being thick here?
herman

Post by herman »

Mike101 wrote:Cheers for that. I'll most certainly be around as I'm an old veteran of the euro demos in the 90's when 50,000 bikes turned up in paris to stop type approval coming in. But the best part was that it was in paris and 95% of the bikes were all from the UK.
What Mag group were you in? I was in Southampton and the future Mrs Munster was treasurer. Did Brussels, London,demos, etc
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

S10 = Super Tenere XT1200..... Which was what xtgaz originally posted to you about.
xylo66

Post by xylo66 »

S-10 is the acronym used for Super-Tenere

I can ride down on Tuesday if you wish ( I'm in Swindon )

Send me a pm if you want my offer of your contact details and want a free spin

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”