Hello from Aberdeenshire

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
russ_fae_fyvie

Hello from Aberdeenshire

Post by russ_fae_fyvie »

Hi
I have been sneaking around the site for a while and then lost my password so now I'm here properly I'm gonna say HELLO !!

I've been riding continually since 1976 on a variety of bikes, had a Transalp, Dominator and old Tiger before Internet Forums like this were on the go !

Since those days, I had been riding (and still am) a 1998 Honda Blackbird and now its got 72,000 miles on it, all mine !

Unfortunately the ravages of time have taken their toll and the Blacky was getting less and less comfortable despite various mods.

So in 2010 I got a new F800GS which has just had its 12,000 mile service and I find it a great little bike which I use most days for the 60 mile commute.

HOWEVER !
A month ago I took the Big Adventure Bike plunge and bought a Crosstourer and my god, am I hooked !

The Beemer is a great bike but the CT has grunt to win a Tractor Pulling Competition !

We have our first long(ish) run on the CT this weekend, over to Applecross, up to Ullapoool and home over 3 days and we are really looking forward to it.

The main reason I bought the CT is for a holiday ride over to Austria next year which is why we didn't fancy the Blackbird, coz it would have crippled me !

I really think the CT is a great bike, plenty of power so satisfy the Blackbird Hooligan part of me and so comfortable.

Just fitted panniers and top box ready for the trip and I'm sure it will be a great into run for us both.

Looking at this Forum it looks like this is THE place to be for Adventure Bikes !!

Plague

Re: Hello from Aberdeenshire

Post by Plague »

Welcome aboard ? are you going to be at the Ullapool rally in a couple of weeks ?
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Ya Russ

Welcome along to the forum

Sweet looking CT (I like the colour) .

Cheers Fae Aberdeen

LWR
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Welcome to ABR mate.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

Fit like loon my mate bides just up a road fae you outside Cumminston He has an early Thunder Ace, your 2 weeks to early for the Ullapool Rally
Me karma ranover me dogma
sconav

Post by sconav »

Hi Russ,

Welcome to ABR its a good place to be. Your not too far from me I'm just the other side of Turriff, so I will maybe see you out and about on the road. :cheer:
jed54

Post by jed54 »

Hi and welcome from Hertfordshire
russ_fae_fyvie

Post by russ_fae_fyvie »

Cheers guys, nice to see so many local CT owners !!

Yeah only found out about the Rally today so we'll be a bit early for you !

I'll be on here more often now so any future meet ups will be on the Radar !

Looks like the weather forecast has improved a bit for our jaunt on Sunday, hopefully :woohoo:
africajim

Post by africajim »

Aye aye Russ, know you from the Crosstourer forum, welcome mate.
Honda, the power of dreams.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Hi Russ & welcome.

You still got the F8GS then?

If you get fed up with yer Beuwulf can, I know a good home for it thats not that far from you :whistle:

Have a great weekend on the CT - and exercise the hooligan element in you - the bikes made for it :evil:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”