ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

HarveyCamm

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

Post by HarveyCamm »

Bryn wrote:Back to work on a Monday morning after a brilliant weekend! Big thank you to everyone who came, we might have organised the field, but it was everyone else who made sure it was such a friendly, enjoyable event. Massive shout out has to go to Craigrevo for smashing the best time on the slow bike race, what a hero!

Already counting down the days 'till next year's Midlands Rally now.
I know the embers aren't cold on this years event yet but do you have a pencilled in date for next year so that folks who have to work around shifts / weekends can try and plan?

Real sorry I couldn't make this years do looks fab from the photos
Cheers
Harv
Jack Union

Post by Jack Union »

Another big thanks to Alun & all who made this happen. First time to an ABR event and loved it. Great crowd and vibe. Shh. Don't tell anyone else...keep it small :D
Sorry we had to rush off... Would've loved to relax and soak up the Sat eve atmosphere.
Planning Wales now :D
Deffo back to Midlands next year.
Best 'travel biker' event by miles!
Braddan & Shona (Strom,2up)
TonyLeeWalker91

Post by TonyLeeWalker91 »

Big thanks for the weekend! Popped my big bike offroading cherry really on the track, came out of it grinning (even after accidentally missing the big bike turn off).
Is that track open to use any other time do you know? Can you pay to go on or something?
Cheers
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

TonyLeeWalker91 wrote:Big thanks for the weekend! Popped my big bike offroading cherry really on the track, came out of it grinning (even after accidentally missing the big bike turn off).

Is that track open to use any other time do you know? Can you pay to go on or something?

Cheers
Endoroland use it several times a year for races and practice days,and i think i am correct in saying the trail bike enduro club do likewise. Its a bit manic with some very competative riders on new enduro bikes blasting round and trying to get past this old man wobbling round getting in the way :S
Other than that its just a farm the rest of the time as far as i am aware, shame because its a great track to play about on.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Great natural track
ktmdan

Post by ktmdan »

Shona..on two bikes next year maybe?
:)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

What a shite weekend !!!! ..................how i love shite weekends :woohoo:
(thumbs) Massive thanks to the cheifs for putting a fantastic meet together (thumbs)
Got home just now but some diesel on rain got the best of the Donk near Tours and and we had a rest :(
If i'd been proud i might have hurt it !!! Just twated me elbow and sconed me gear shift......THANK THE LOOOOOOORD FOR CASE SAVERS
.................1787.3 KM ROUND TRIP ............... worth every mm (thumbs)
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Good to hear you are home safe and almost sound , see you soon (thumbs)
chenerz

Post by chenerz »

Thanks for organising the weekend Alun, Bryn (and all your helpers) and well done to whoever organised the weather. Perfect.
It was nice talking to people and putting real names (and faces) to forum names.
A cracking weekend; plenty of laughs, plenty of riding and even a log fire to sit round and warm the cockles.
Fair play to anyone who took a real “Big bike”/GS 1200 etc. up those really steep hills; respect.
Thanks again,
John
(Grey CCM 604)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

TonyLeeWalker91 wrote:Big thanks for the weekend! Popped my big bike offroading cherry really on the track, came out of it grinning (even after accidentally missing the big bike turn off).

Cheers
The track is open a few more times a year with enduroland. So if you enjoyed it enough get in touch with them. Make sure you tell them ABR sent you.

Return to “ABR Midlands Rally 7th-9th July 2017”