ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

biggestmidget

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

Post by biggestmidget »

Just signed up to the forum,this was my first ever rally and loved every minute of it, everyone was very welcoming and friendly, I would like to thank the organisers for laying on a belter of a weekend.
One eyed spaniel

Post by One eyed spaniel »

My first ABR rally and I loved it, I went out on the first ride 09:30 and pushed myself way outside my comfort zone on the Stanton Hill. Cheers for a great weekend. (thumbs)
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

After all of my questions about coming to the rally I was ill on Friday night and all yesterday so missed it. Quite annoyed as I'd taken Friday and Monday off work as well.
Oblix

ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

Post by Oblix »

Just in, unpacked and settling down to turn in.. falling asleep standing up... Great company, good organisation, good ride-outs, loads of fun on enduro track too.. vid Also nice test riding the KTM machines, food for thought Great teamwork Dave and Danny in rejoining lost riders I believe there's a separate thread for pics, will upload mine there Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gary no 6

Post by Gary no 6 »

From the three lads from Dublin a big thanks to all who organised a cracking weekend especially to Dave and co for leading us out on Saturday on some very enjoyable lanes . Looking forward to next year already Cheers
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

I didnt camp as i only live in the next village and commitments elsewhere mean't i was unable to join the ride out on saturday which i wanted to do, but i was able to enjoy a few hours on saturday afternoon playing on the enduro track which was fun though exhausting in that heat!
Credit to the lunatic riding an XJR1300 round the track! Not something you see every day!
Thanks to the chaps who helped wrestle my XR400 round after i binned it on that near vertical hill.....not once but 3 times! I never did manage to get up the bloody thing! It was frustrating to watch other people cruise up it with ease, but then i have only been riding off road these last 5 months so its all new to me.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and safe journey home.
tonka660

Post by tonka660 »

My first abr rally
Mega weekend found a great camping spot under a tree the off road track next to the camp site was great to ride had every thing on it to challenge everyone them hills )
Plus first time I've every ride the ktm bikes I can tell you I'm converted outstanding bike in many ways my battered tenere 660 felt like a wheel barrow after only 20 minutes on the 1090
Great spot for the rally
I'll defo be returning next year
The green lane rideout on Saturday was well organised an flowed very well using the second rider system
tonka660

Post by tonka660 »

Never been on ride with high numbers before but found it hassle free an enjoyable the lanes where good too nothing over the top but enough
Plus the woods with the massive drop was good nice way break the road section up
Hats off the the last man market too after probably riding through everyone's dust all day )
Top marks for the whole weekend such a great bunch of people
Roll on next year
Reefshark

Post by Reefshark »

As others have said thanks for great weekend, it was my first meet with you guys and i really enjoyed it, was great to take the Gs out round the course although for next year i think better tyres are in order and having the chance to ride the new KTM 1090R was so good definitely something to look at after the Gs. so thanks again will definitely come again next time.
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Back to work on a Monday morning after a brilliant weekend! Big thank you to everyone who came, we might have organised the field, but it was everyone else who made sure it was such a friendly, enjoyable event. Massive shout out has to go to Craigrevo for smashing the best time on the slow bike race, what a hero!
Already counting down the days 'till next year's Midlands Rally now.

Return to “ABR Midlands Rally 7th-9th July 2017”