ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

BlueUK

Re: ABR Midlands Rally 2017 sign up thread (7th-9th July)

Post by BlueUK »

Are the rideouts in another thread or do you just follow someone leaving the site around 9am? :unsure:
mouseman11

Post by mouseman11 »

Hi all - travelling down from Newcastle area on Thursday with the Africa Twin DCT - looking forward to this one as ive never been to an ABR event. Quick question on the ride outs - is the big bike trail ride out going to be a gentle or normal gnarly one? Im TRF and also compete in the big bike rallies on my 1150GSA BUT i have a back injury at the minute awaiting an operation so I best ask as I dont want to slow up things if I drop the AT (its not so easy to pick up as the GSA!)
Thanks in advance of any local info guys and gals.
See you there!
mouseman11

Post by mouseman11 »

ditto above :) thanks in advance for anyone's input
Alun

Post by Alun »

BlueUK wrote:Are the rideouts in another thread or do you just follow someone leaving the site around 9am? :unsure:
When you check in Eunice will let you know the timings but both the green lane and road ride out will be leaving the site between 10 and 10.30amish
Alun

Post by Alun »

mouseman11 wrote:Hi all - travelling down from Newcastle area on Thursday with the Africa Twin DCT - looking forward to this one as ive never been to an ABR event. Quick question on the ride outs - is the big bike trail ride out going to be a gentle or normal gnarly one? Im TRF and also compete in the big bike rallies on my 1150GSA BUT i have a back injury at the minute awaiting an operation so I best ask as I dont want to slow up things if I drop the AT (its not so easy to pick up as the GSA!)
Thanks in advance of any local info guys and gals.
See you there!
The trails are straight forward and big bike friendly when dry - and the outlook is dry. A couple have ruts and the most difficult is easily doable on an Africa Twin in the hands of an experienced rider. If you do drop the AT there'll be enough riders on hand to help.
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

Hi
What time does the site open on the Friday?
Cheers
Jersey
Alun

Post by Alun »

Jersey87 wrote:Hi
What time does the site open on the Friday?
Cheers
Jersey
We'll be there from 9am
mouseman11

Post by mouseman11 »

thanks i'll stick my enduro kit it in then!
Gavtom

Post by Gavtom »

Hi gents,
Just wondering if KTM are gonna be there on the sunday? I'm hoping to get there for the sat night then a full day on the sunday. I haven't been to one of your events before but I'm keen to get into gang.
Looking to try the KTM adventure bikes but I'm a proper short a**e, so it'll be good to get an idea on how much I'm going to struggle on some trails. Also, I'm looking to get a stroker enduro bike so would be interesting to have a bash on those if they have them there.
Will bring my DRZ as it's been a while since it got dirty! (thumbs)
Look forward to meeting you all and cracking website/mag by the way. Been a reader for a good while now
Alun

Post by Alun »

Gavtom wrote:Hi gents,

Just wondering if KTM are gonna be there on the sunday? I'm hoping to get there for the sat night then a full day on the sunday. I haven't been to one of your events before but I'm keen to get into gang.

Looking to try the KTM adventure bikes but I'm a proper short a**e, so it'll be good to get an idea on how much I'm going to struggle on some trails. Also, I'm looking to get a stroker enduro bike so would be interesting to have a bash on those if they have them there.

Will bring my DRZ as it's been a while since it got dirty! (thumbs)

Look forward to meeting you all and cracking website/mag by the way. Been a reader for a good while now
You'll be able to test out the KTM adventure range up until midday on Sunday but not their enduro bikes.

Return to “ABR Midlands Rally 7th-9th July 2017”