Tent pitches

Come and join us at Ragley Hall, Warwickshire for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment. The 2019 Festival was a huge success and 2020 is going to be better still. Every major motorcycle manufacturer will be attending with a full rage of demo fleets. There'll be off road trails, road ride outs, celeb speakers, live music full bar and food stalls, weekend camping facilities, plenty of showers and regularly cleaned and serviced posh loos. And that's just for starters, there'll be lots more going on.
Post Reply
Fubbytucker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Tent pitches

Post by Fubbytucker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:40 pm

I've just bought my ticket for the event, my first ever, and am really looking forward to it!
My mate will also be booking his ticket shortly. How are tent pitches allocated, in advance or as you arrive?
If it's advanced allocation should he say something on his booking info to somehow link it to my booking? Whilst I have no particular desire to put up with his industrial grade snoring it would be nice if we weren't at opposite sides of the field!

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Apophis
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:35 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Apophis » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 am

Fubbytucker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:40 pm
I've just bought my ticket for the event, my first ever, and am really looking forward to it!
My mate will also be booking his ticket shortly. How are tent pitches allocated, in advance or as you arrive?
If it's advanced allocation should he say something on his booking info to somehow link it to my booking? Whilst I have no particular desire to put up with his industrial grade snoring it would be nice if we weren't at opposite sides of the field!
In my experience you just turn up and camp on the allocated field so if you turn up together you should be fine
there are a few other rallies before the main ABR one Dec in Devon and march in Malvern ;) ;)
Every day is an adventure

Fubbytucker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Fubbytucker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Thanks for that.
I'll have a look at the others too!

User avatar
Bryn
Moderator
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:04 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Bryn » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Fubbytucker wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm
Thanks for that.
I'll have a look at the others too!
Hey Fubbytucker (great name btw), camping is sorted as you arrive. To be guaranteed a camping spot next to each other, best to turn up together. See you there!

Andi_Archer
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:13 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Andi_Archer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:14 am

Your pointed in the general direction of the tented area and pitch in a row next to those already there so no real formal numbered area as such.

Fubbytucker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Fubbytucker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:12 am

That all sounds great. Of course my mate is still yet to book his own ticket so I may end up Billy no mates anyway, so it could be a moot point!

Andi_Archer
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:13 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Andi_Archer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Your never a billy no mates at a bike meet :D

Fubbytucker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Fubbytucker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 pm

That's what I'm banking on!

User avatar
Heff
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by Heff » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Apophis wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 am
Fubbytucker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:40 pm
I've just bought my ticket for the event, my first ever, and am really looking forward to it!
My mate will also be booking his ticket shortly. How are tent pitches allocated, in advance or as you arrive?
If it's advanced allocation should he say something on his booking info to somehow link it to my booking? Whilst I have no particular desire to put up with his industrial grade snoring it would be nice if we weren't at opposite sides of the field!
In my experience you just turn up and camp on the allocated field so if you turn up together you should be fine
there are a few other rallies before the main ABR one Dec in Devon and march in Malvern ;) ;)
Not forgetting the Ireland Rally in May 8-)
If I'm not online.............



I'm probably out on the Bat Bike



Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black

User avatar
zimtim
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 am
Has thanked: 570 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Tent pitches

Post by zimtim » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Andi_Archer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:15 pm
Your never a billy no mates at a bike meet :D
Especially so if you pitch your tent near Dogger woods
🤪🤪
It is easier to defend yourself against a thousand enemies, than it is to defend against one backstabbing friend

Post Reply

Return to “ABR FESTIVAL 2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests