Adventure bike Rider festival 2019

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Alun

Re: Adventure bike rider festival 2019

Post by Alun »

Thanks for all your comments gentlemen, much appreciated and a huge thank you to all that attended and helped make it a fantastic weekend.

I'm also going to publicly thank all the ABR staff who worked flat out from before 7am to gone midnight every day and were out on their feet by Sunday evening - they were all stars.

Also, I don't know about you but I've never been to a motorcycle festival in my 40 plus years of riding where there was so many blokes just letting the music flow through them on the dance floor on the Saturday night, it really was one huge, friendly party. Excellent stuff, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
bond_yzf

Re: Adventure bike Rider festival 2019

Post by bond_yzf »

Alun,

You and the staff should be proud as!

Seeing first hand the dedication, sweat and tears that went into this event was simply outstanding. The atmosphere was electric from the word go and the buzz from everyone was infectious.

My misses arrived a non biker and left a biker! And actually shed a tear when we left on Sunday.

This will blow every other biking event out of the water from now on and I for one cannot wait till next year :D
Ade8

Post by Ade8 »

Little pic for you all of "The Bee" on arrival loch side near Callander, Scotland on Monday eve. The most Northerly part of the 2500 miles I'll have completed across England, Scotland and Wales in 7 riding days either side of the ABR festival 2019.
Thanks so much to everybody for a really fantastic weekend, with special thanks to Unys for her lovely, helpful friendliness on arrival and Alan ("capt. slow" on the crf 250) for his great advice on both the ikkle Honda and taking the DL off road, and also for letting me take his crf for a spin when I couldn't get a test ride through Honda. Special mention to Suzuki also for tyre pressure advice on the AX 40's I'm currently running. 22 front and 20 back seemed to do the trick round the adventure trail, I got round without dropping her anyway, right up until I pulled up at my tent and promptly took two bites at the front brake and very gracefully laid her down. All on vid. Coming soon. LMAO.

All the bar, security, manufacturer and other festival staff were really on the ball and helped make the weekend both safe and fun. A truly great weekend I had.
Lovely to meet Alun and his Mrs (Sorry I forgot your name Mrs Alun, I was shlightly dwunk) for a chat on Saturday, and sorry again for needing two bollockings on Friday!
I'll most definitely be back next year.
As promised I'll also send you some of the footage I shot at the festival as soon as I've had chance to review and edit it (so don't hold your breath, it might be a little while coming, as I have a Mrs, a house and a workshop in Cornwall needing some attention too on my return! ;-))

Alun you asked for feedback for improvements in 2020: so here goes;
>More facility for test rides from manufacturers, with only on the day booking possible, 1st come 1st served.
>Thursday arrival/Monday departure
>Everything else was bleddy orsum! More of that please.
All the best one and all. Keep 'em shiny side up boys n girls. X

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

First of all a very big thank you to all the team members and staff for organising and running this event absolutely nothing was too much trouble they were cheery and helpful all the way through the weekend.
Lots of bikes to test ride but then again lots more people than places available so its hard to see how this could be handled better as vendors were trying to make it fair to all by only booking that day and the following days early rides.
Facilities were good and kept clean for us near the main tent but I did hear a few gripes about lack of facilities on the second tented field.
Food on site was fine as long as you wanted something fried or on a pizza so maybe more of a range might go down well.
Yes water taps could have been better marked but at least there were some available as the booking seemed to suggest there would be none.
The bar and staff were excellent considering the number of people there and I didnt see even one rufty tufty biker get riled all weekend :lol:
Security was good though given the loses by vendors Id suggest a strict gate closure to vehicles say 10 pm - 7 am and CCTV on the main entrances.
The band were excellent, played lots of popular music and I don't think they stopped for more than a few minutes all Friday night.

All in all an excellent venue which was more than value for money on the ticket price, looking forward to next year.

Onwards and upwards :D
Reefshark

Post by Reefshark »

Had a great weekend third time I've been to an ABR event now, the new venue and on site trails were brilliant as well as having access to little london enduro course, Its the only time I really get to take my bike off road so always enjoy it.
Anyway here's a video of the adventure trail with a few of my mishaps at the end. Ive got some footage from little london enduro as well just havent got round to putting it together yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-0CR0z2bk&t=8s
Speedy23

Post by Speedy23 »

Yes thank you all for a great weekend..... Best event been to for a long time. Thought everything was good, location sublime and local area interesting. Will be booking up for next year, deffo. The people, both organisers, staff and fellow rallyers, made it an occasion to remember (for all the right reasons)! Top tip.... frozen peas (84p a bag) work just as well as ice cubes in cool bag!

Thanks Alun.
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Can only reflect what others say, a superb event, well organised and no shortage of things to do. Highlight for me was Elsbeth Beard's talk on Saturday night.
Already booked for next year, see you there.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Andy17

Post by Andy17 »

Great weekend. Friend of mine made a video of our visit. :)

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”