ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Jaystevens1971

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Jaystevens1971 »

Hi due to unforeseen work commitments I can not use my 2 x tickets for full weekend (inc camping) ABR festival, not sure if I can sell them on here or if Alun would prefer them to go through system, I got these at early bird price of £39 each and I am not looking to ask for any more than I paid so £78 for the pair.
Gutted we cant make it but sometimes these things happen.

PM me for details.

Thanks

Jason
Alun

Post by Alun »

Here's a copy of the email Bryn has sent today to all those coming to the festival.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time next week riders will be arriving at Ragley Hall, Warwickshire, for the Adventure Bike Rider Festival 2019, and I'm very excited for what promises to be three incredible days of two-wheeled fun. Before you get there, there's some important information that you'll want to read so you know what to expect from the moment you arrive:

What you need to know before you arrive
The gates to the Adventure Bike Rider Festival will be open between 9:00am and 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday, and 9:00am and 4:00pm on Sunday.

Ensure you have your entry ticket and any vehicle supplements (which was emailed to you) accessible and make sure the QR code is visible and intact. All tickets were auto-emailed at the point of order. If you haven't seen your email with your ticket, check your junk mail, and if you still can't find it email [email protected].

We will not be selling tickets on the door. Anybody arriving without having bought a ticket will be refused admission.

On arrival to Ragley Hall, you'll be directed along the driveway until you see the Adventure Bike Rider Festival registration marquee on your left. If you're arriving by bike, park up in the designated area and make your way inside the tent to check in and also sign your disclaimer. Those arriving on four wheels will park on the right hand side of the road and do the same thing.

After check in you'll receive a sticker for your bike (don't take this off as this is your pass in and out of the festival grounds) and be told where the camping area is.

If you are coming to the festival as part of a group and would all like to camp together, you'll be directed to park up in the holding zone where you can leave your bike until the rest of your mates arrive. Due to logistics, we can't allow you to 'save' pitches next to your tents, so you'll have to enter the camping field all together. Feel free to park up and enter the festival while you wait for your buddies to arrive though.

There is potable water at designated drinking points around the campsites, and first-class toilets and hot showers are available. There is information about all of the on-site facilities on the Festival FAQ page.

Once you've set up your tent, head to the ABR Festival Office where you'll receive your Welcome Pack, a beer discount token, and show guide which will have a full itinerary and map of the festival grounds. You can also find the festival Itinerary on our website here.

While not all manufacturers will require it for test rides, it's best to make sure you've got your DVLA check code handy. You can get this check code from the Gov website here. Follow the instructions once you've clicked on the link.

Ensure you have your valid driving licence with you.

All test rides will be booked on the day on a first come first served basis and you can only book for the current day (i.e. you can't book a Saturday test ride on a Friday).

Places on the off-road skills schools will be booked on the day on a first come first served basis.

You must have your own protective motorcycle gear.

All bikes at the Adventure Bike Rider Festival must be road legal and there is a strict no racing policy enforced on all of our off-road tracks and trails.

If you have any questions, check the Adventure Bike Rider Festival FAQ page where many of them will have been answered.

Drones are strictly prohibited unless approved by organisers.

The guest speakers and Austin Vince's Film Festival will held in the spectacular stately home of Ragley Hall. You can find the guest speaker schedule here.

It is worth familiarising yourself with the festival site rules, which can be found here and also in your show guide once you receive it.

What to bring with you

A print out of your Festival Ticket and vehicle supplements.

Your motorcycle gear and helmet if you want to test ride any of the bikes.
Your valid driving licence.

Swim wear if you want to give stand up paddle-boarding or kayaking a go.

While there will be plenty of seating provided around the bar area, but you might want to bring your own camping chair.

Right, I best be off to do some work and get everything ready for the festival! See you there.

Bryn Davies (Editor ABR)
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Can't wait...
IMG_20190705_200544533_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190705_200544533_HDR.jpg (169.85 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Stevo66

Post by Stevo66 »

To early Dan :lol:
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Stevo66 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am To early Dan :lol:
Can't knock keeness 😂
It was too nice an evening to not go out for a bimble
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Cone

Post by Cone »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:53 pm
Stevo66 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am To early Dan :lol:
Can't knock keeness 😂
It was too nice an evening to not go out for a bimble

What I’m already packed!!
Alun

Post by Alun »

I'm not one for betting the house on weather forecasts but right now, fingers crossed, the BBC Weather forecast for Alcester/Stratford upon Avon for Friday, Saturday and Sunday is looking warm and dry.

Edited at 17.40 to advise that the Met Office Forecast is now coming into line with the BBC. I could be tempting fate here but it's looking good for a dry weekend. And that is brilliant news.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Here's a copy of the email Bryn sent out today with info on off-road and green lane riding at the Festival.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 12 July and the start of the Adventure Bike Rider Festival is quickly approaching and we'll be heading over to Ragley Hall tomorrow to begin setting up for the festival. Aside from putting up marquees and marking out stands, one of our biggest jobs is also one of our most exciting: taping out the on-site adventure trail which runs around the stunning grounds of the Ragley Hall Estate.

If you've not heard, the venue owners are allowing us to map out an off-road route on their land, and it looks incredible. The adventure trail isn't the only place for you to enjoy though, and in this email you'll find all the information you need to know about your opportunities to ride, including TRF rideouts and the TomTom Rider Little London Enduro track.

TRF green lane rideouts

The ABR Festival wouldn't be as special as it is without the help and enthusiasm of the guys and girls at the TRF. Throughout the course of the weekend they'll be leading green lane rideouts around Warwickshire and the Cotswolds. You're welcome to join them on their adventures, and here's what you need to know:

*The guided green lane rideouts will take place between 10:00am - 3:00pm on Friday, 10:00am and 4:00pm on Saturday, and 10:00am and 12:00pm on Sunday.
*To book on, visit the TRF stand (T61).
*There will be green lane rideouts for different levels of experience: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
*A competency test must be undertaken before setting off, details of this will be made clear when booking on.
*Booking will all be taken on a first come first served basis.
*You must be wearing appropriate motorcycle gear.
*Before joining the TRF green lane rideouts, it is highly recommended that you watch the TRF's videos outlining green laning best practices. The videos can be found here.

Bridgestone Adventure Trail

At the ABR Festival, you'll be able to ride a purpose-built adventure trail that's designed specifically with adventure bikes in mind. We're thinking of all riding abilities here, and there will be multiple diversions for experts, intermediates, and beginners. There are some things you need to know about the track before you arrive, so let's get into it:
*The Bridgestone Adventure Trail is open between 10:00am and 6:00pm on Friday and Saturday, and between 9:00am and 3:30pm on Sunday.
*Before riding the Adventure Trail, every rider must attend a safety briefing, which will be held at the start of the trail. On completion of hearing this, you will be given a pink sticker for your helmet. Keep it on there as it's your ticket to the trail.
*If you lose your pink sticker, you will be required to go through the briefing again before you are given a replacement.
*The trail is being marshalled by members of the TRF over the weekend, and trail marshal decisions are final and must be respected.
*There is a strict no racing rule enforced on the Adventure Trail. Anyone found to be ignoring this will be asked to leave. The Adventure Bike Rider

Festival is all about having fun and respecting course leisure riding rules and fellow riders.
*There is a 25mph maximum speed limit around the course.
*You will be required to wear a helmet at all times on the trail. We will not be providing gear if you forget yours.
*Although the trail is on private land, all bike must be road legal and road registered.
*Trail rules can be found in your show guide, which you'll receive after checking in at the festival.
*There is no need to book a spot on the trail, just turn up at the start and be briefed.

I also want to extend a huge thank you to the TRF who will be marshalling the course over the weekend, ensuring it's not abused and that everyone is safe.

The Adventure Park

The Adventure Park is a special section of the Bridgestone Adventure Trail that's accessed via the Adventure Trail. It's an area of more technical riding that's intended for expert riders.
The Adventure Trail rules also apply to the Adventure Park.
Opening times are the same as the Adventure Trail.
The Adventure Park is not suitable for beginner riders, as such a diversion around the park is available.

TomTom Rider Little London Enduro track

NB This is not an Enduro Track Day, this is using an enduro circuit being used as a leisure trail for adventure bikes. Anyone racing or breaking the leisure riding rules will be removed from the track.

Just six miles from Ragley Hall you'll find one of Warwickshire's premier Enduro tracks, and it's ours and yours for Saturday. Your festival sticker will grant you entry and you can see what your machine is made of. Here's what you need to know:
*The TomTom Rider Little London Enduro track is open between 10:00am and 5:00pm on Saturday 13 July.
*There will be no racing on the course, with the main focus being on letting you master your off-road riding skills.
*The post code for Little London is WR7 4JW. The venue is just six miles from Ragley Hall and is easily accessible. It's worth familiarising yourself with directions to the track from Ragley Hall before you go.
*The site will be marshalled by staff from Little London Enduro Course.

We're getting the keys to Ragley Hall tomorrow, when site build will commence, so keep an eye on our Facebook page over the next few days to see what's going on and to keep up-to-date with festival information.

To find out more about what's going on at the Adventure Bike Rider Festival, check out the festival what's on page here.

Cheers,
Bryn Davies, ABR Editor

P.s. Please remember, if you want to take part in manufacturer test rides, bring your valid driving license and, if you have a UK licence, GOV driving licence check code, which can be obtained for free here.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Can I get my ticket scanned off my phone when arriving at the gates??
Alun

Post by Alun »

Tink wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:41 pm Can I get my ticket scanned off my phone when arriving at the gates??
Only if you remember your phone :)

Yes.

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”