ABR Issue 34 route files - The Staffordshire Way

Bryn

Post by Bryn »

In each issue of Adventure Bike Rider magazine we follow one of the UK's long distance footpaths, and in issue 34 we headed to Stoke on Trent to ride the Staffordshire Way. The emphasis of these routes through the UK is on exploring our wonderful and beautiful island by following one of our many long distance footpaths as closely as you can in the saddle of a bike, and the Staffordshire Way takes you through areas that you probably wouldn't usually consider riding.

Starting on the edge of the Staffordshire Moors at the fascinating Mow Cop, this route takes you down the entire length of the county, through Cannock Chase and skirting England's second city, Birmingham, before finishing at Kinver Edge, only a tone's throw from Kiddeminster.

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it and stick it in your SatNav. Simply right click on the attachment below called 'ABR and TomTom route files - Staffordshire Way.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As'. Once you've saved it to your computer, load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturer's instructions and get riding! While the route is there to be followed, I implore you to take as many diversions as you wish if you see a road, place, or sight that attracts you!
StaffordshireWay.JPG
StaffordshireWay.JPG (111.88 KiB) Viewed 9305 times
ABRandTomTomroutefiles-StaffordshireWay.gpx
(392.3 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Redmurty

Re: ABR Issue 34 route files - The Staffordshire Way

Post by Redmurty »

Fanbloodytastic a local one for me (thumbs)

Thanks for putting up these routes (thumbs) (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
G4vkn

Post by G4vkn »

How do I put that file in my sat nav?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
malcopopolo

Re: ABR Issue 34 route files - The Staffordshire Way

Post by malcopopolo »

I have done this route thanks to ABR magazine.

Absolutely enjoyed it! Some great villages and countryside. More of a bimble than a fast route but still very satisfying. (thumbs)

Return to “England”