ABR South West weekender route files

Bryn

ABR South West weekender route files

Post by Bryn »

In the last issue of Adventure Bike Rider magazine, we teamed up with TomTom to explore the home nations by completing a circumnavigation of England and Wales. The aim of these routes is to discover all that's great about the UK while keeping an eye on practicality and we've created a route around England and Wales that can be ticked off in bite-sized weekend chunks, or joined together to make one big UK adventure. For Jan/Feb we rode through Wales in a weekend, and for March/April we headed south, to Devon and Cornwall, to explore some of the most beautiful coastal areas in the UK.

We have mapped out, and ridden, a route around the South West Coast, starting in the seaside resort of Minehead before taking you along the magnificent roads of Exmoor to Lynton and Lynmouth. From there we head south west, hugging the coast as we go and exploring many small seaside towns and villages, before we take a look at the spectacular sea cliffs of Hell's Mouth. Our first day finishes in Penzance, after visiting Land's End. On the second day of our tour we venture east, to the Lizard, before passing Plymouth and riding the atmospheric roads of Dartmoor. From here it's a short ride to Exeter and the M5 where you can head off in whichever direction you need to to get home before work on Monday!

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it, stick it in your SatNav and ride it. Simply right click on the attachment below called 'ABRTomTomroutefilesissue33-SouthWestCoastweekender.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As', once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturers instructions and get riding! Please bear in mind that we urge you to venture off this route and stick to the coastal roads as much as possible. The gpx. file will give you a good guide of where you should head, but the joy is in exploring the area.
SouthWestroute.PNG
SouthWestroute.PNG (546.48 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
Attachments
ABRTomTomroutefilesissue33-SouthWestCoastweekender.gpx
(539.36 KiB) Downloaded 789 times
ChrisMumby

Re: ABR South West weekender route files

Post by ChrisMumby »

Hi - forgive my ignorance (I'm new to downloading routes) but can anyone show me where this route file attachment is - I can't see it on this post?
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

ChrisMumby wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:34 pm Hi - forgive my ignorance (I'm new to downloading routes) but can anyone show me where this route file attachment is - I can't see it on this post?
It's not here. There seems to be a few missing. I have sent a bug report on the website forum. Hopefully that will get them back.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

TomBoyNI wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm
ChrisMumby wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:34 pm Hi - forgive my ignorance (I'm new to downloading routes) but can anyone show me where this route file attachment is - I can't see it on this post?
It's not here. There seems to be a few missing. I have sent a bug report on the website forum. Hopefully that will get them back.
Hi all, GPX file has now been replaced and is ready for you to download

Return to “England”