ABR and Bridgestone Bridges of Britain route 1 - Clifton to Froncysyllte

Bryn

ABR and Bridgestone Bridges of Britain route 1 - Clifton to Froncysyllte

Post by Bryn »

Hi guys, sorry this is a bit late in coming, but attached to this post you'll find the gpx files for the ABR and Bridgestone Bridges of Britain route that was featured in the March/April edition of Adventure Bike Rider magazine.

We teamed up with Bridgestone to mark the launch of the brand new adventure tyre, the Battlax Adventure A41, by riding a series of three routes around the UK that combine incredible riding with a tour of the UK's most famous, interesting and historically significant bridges. For this issue we rode from Clifton in Bristol to Froncysyllte in North Wales. This fantastic two-day route will take you through the stunning Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Brecon Beacons, the lonely mountains of Mid Wales, and past the highest peak in the country (Snowdon). If you've got two days spare and are looking for an enjoyable and scenic ride, it's well worth a go!

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it, stick it in your SatNav and ride it. Simply right click on the attachments below called 'wales-bridges-day1.gpx' and 'wales-bridges-day2.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As', once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturer's instructions and get riding!
wales-bridges-day1.gpx
(950.04 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
wales-bridges-day2.gpx
(540.21 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
herman

Re: ABR and Bridgestone Bridges of Britain route 1 - Clifton to Froncysyllte

Post by herman »

And what did I finish plotting last night? I was dropping waypoints into the garmin at the bits I knew I would get wrong. Thanks though. 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mozzer

Post by Mozzer »

It's been half a year since I rode an ABR route. Just about to ride this one with my brother. It's our first tour together. Looking forward to it :)
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Mozzer wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 am It's been half a year since I rode an ABR route. Just about to ride this one with my brother. It's our first tour together. Looking forward to it :)
Enjoy! It's a great ride (though I may be a little biased) :lol:

Return to “Wales”