Martyn's 2nd feeble ABR challenge

FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Never did get last years challenge completed, in fact I barely got past just started but it was fun. So this year I'm going to try again. Just to make things a bit harder, I will attempt the A to Z challenge alphabetically with a return to start after each letter.

With that in mind, A for aerodrome - so I went for Ashbourne airfield next to Darley Moor race track.

Return mileage 88, cumulative mileage 88

ImageImage
--

Martyn
big al

Re: Martyn's 2nd feeble ABR challenge

Post by big al »

Nice looking FJ1200 there Martyn (thumbs)
FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Mileage today was 103, cumulative mileage 191
--

Martyn
FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Thanks Al. Been in the family for over 17 years. :)

Hit the B for Blue Flag Beach today - specifically Wallasey Beach which was granted blue flag status this year. Avoiding motorways but letting satnav lady guide me. Not the best idea she ever had. Even the mandatory ice cream was lovely from the Wirral Whippy man. I always wondered what happened to miss whiplash. ImageImage
--

Martyn
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Good stuff mate, i'm still yet to start my ABR Challenge though I've got all the stickers.
I had wondered where you'd disappeared to and still got a lot of FJ goodies you might be interested in. PM me before I ebay it.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Good stuff,keep it up.I was out today and could have got another couple but I can't see me getting an international border this year so not feeling too motivated to carry on with it. :(
FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Thanks both
BB. Went on holiday last July and came back worse than when I went. By the time i got my legs working again it was new year. Time flies when you are having fun.
Sprinster - you need to think laterally. There are over 150 international borders in the UK. Basically every international airport and nearly every port that has handles passenger or freight is defined as a border by the Home Office. That is why they have Border Force staff at those locations.
I can be a bit more creative than photographing a Welcome to Wales sign. :)
--

Martyn
FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Letter. C. For regional capital next. I am still unsure what is meant by this. Reading through the main A to Z post, the intention was for that to be London Glasgow Cardiff Belfast I think. However I notice a distinct lack of Capitals in the entries so far. My original thought was that it was the EU defined region - so for me that would be Manchester or perhaps the county city of Chester. I have no intention of doing a 350+ motorway round trip. Any thoughts on this? I know that it's just for fun but it would be nice to be consistent with others.
--

Martyn
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

FJ1200 wrote:Letter. C. For regional capital next. I am still unsure what is meant by this. Reading through the main A to Z post, the intention was for that to be London Glasgow Cardiff Belfast I think. However I notice a distinct lack of Capitals in the entries so far. My original thought was that it was the EU defined region - so for me that would be Manchester or perhaps the county city of Chester. I have no intention of doing a 350+ motorway round trip. Any thoughts on this? I know that it's just for fun but it would be nice to be consistent with others.
I just took the regional capital to mean county capital not country.
FJ1200

Post by FJ1200 »

Thanks for that Sprinster. I may just do them both - it would be a nice 100 mile round trip.
--

Martyn

Return to “ABR Challenge 2017”