The A-Z Challenge

Treadtrader

Re: The A-Z Challenge

Post by Treadtrader »

Boudica wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:Lets get this going.
Tomboys idea of A-Z looks good to me.

A pic taken of object/location/building with your bike sporting an ABR sticker showing as proof.

Stickers... love them! where I can order ABR stickers?
Stickers from here. http://www.adventurebikerider.com/about/contact.html
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Bluepaul wrote:Just a question for clarity. When does a Sea become an Ocean? ie at what point does the Irish sea become the Atlantic. Don't want to travel 270 miles to Penzance and then find out it's not Ocean enough. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers
Ha, I read this and thought, well that must be easy to answer. A quick google proved me wrong. The Irish sea connects at the south to St Georges Channel which borders the Celtic Sea. It looks like the Celtic sea is offically part of the Atlantic ocean, whose limit in Devon is Hartland Point, between Bideford and Bude. Looking on a map its where you would get the best view of Lundy. (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

Think I could do all in North Devon with more than one letter satisfied in a single picture in some cases, but I need some ABR stickers!
ledwardio

Post by ledwardio »

Treadtrader wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Stickers from here. http://www.adventurebikerider.com/about/contact.html
Actually here ;) http://www.adventurebikerider.com/shop/shop.html
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Brenhden wrote:Vulcan bomber?
That should be the easiest for me :P
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Brenhden wrote:
Bluepaul wrote:Just a question for clarity. When does a Sea become an Ocean? ie at what point does the Irish sea become the Atlantic. Don't want to travel 270 miles to Penzance and then find out it's not Ocean enough. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers
Ha, I read this and thought, well that must be easy to answer. A quick google proved me wrong. The Irish sea connects at the south to St Georges Channel which borders the Celtic Sea. It looks like the Celtic sea is offically part of the Atlantic ocean, whose limit in Devon is Hartland Point, between Bideford and Bude. Looking on a map its where you would get the best view of Lundy. (thumbs)
Ha ha, you beat me to it Bren but I just check Wikipedia entry; according to the International Hydrographics Organisation it is, "is bounded on the west by North and South America. It connects to the Arctic Ocean through the Denmark Strait, Greenland Sea, Norwegian Sea and Barents Sea. To the east, the boundaries of the ocean proper are Europe: the Strait of Gibraltar (where it connects with the Mediterranean Sea–one of its marginal seas–and, in turn, the Black Sea, both of which also touch upon Asia) and Africa."

From their 2002 revised map* it looks like this includes both the Irish and North Seas and that bit inside the Hebrides, so any of Britain's coastlines will do!

Regs

Simon
* that map also seems to include the Mediterainia and Black Seas, which I wouldn't think could be the case - so as ever my maxim applies - Maps! Lie! (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Image
From their 2002 revised map* it looks like this includes both the Irish and North Seas and that bit inside the Hebrides, so any of Britain's coastlines will do!

Regs

Simon
* that map also seems to include the Mediterainia and Black Seas, which I wouldn't think could be the case - so as ever my maxim applies - Maps! Lie! (thumbs)
PS Hmm, can't resist this one ... but bearing in mind where I live would a Guiness bar or something like that class as a Public House? :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Just spotted this challenge and realised I can get the following just on the ride home tonight (with some slight detours)

U University (Northampton)
R Race Track (Northampton International Raceway - Britain's oldest stock car track)
S Stadium (MK Dons)
W Wind Turbine (Near Quinton)
F Forest (Salcey Forest)
P Public House (Several)
H Haunted House (Abandoned Building) – Just round the corner from home
N Night Time (it’ll be dark when I get home)

Although I don’t have an ABR sticker on the bike I do have a couple at home!
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I only managed two tonight, I didn't reckon with the precursor of Storm Doris!

Not ideal trying to take photos on my phone in the driving rain!

141-abr-challenge-2017/567844-mad-cows- ... lenge.html
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
ledwardio

Post by ledwardio »

It's a shame most people are choosing not to display the sticker, it's not a big ask.

Return to “ABR Challenge 2017”