All Year Biker

Moorso
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road

Re: All Year Biker

Post by Moorso »

See you there...or before...Meelmore in a tent with no neighbours sounds like a recipe... :evil:
Bah ha ha.....there were neighbours last year....kids on (what I think) was a Duke of Edinburgh expedition. I believe we were the raucous ones! :whistle:

Looking forward to it, although I came across my tent the other day (desperately needs aired out etc as it hasn't been up in years), or do I get a room in the B&B?!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'
adieboy

Post by adieboy »

Moorso wrote:
See you there...or before...Meelmore in a tent with no neighbours sounds like a recipe... :evil:
Bah ha ha.....there were neighbours last year....kids on (what I think) was a Duke of Edinburgh expedition. I believe we were the raucous ones! :whistle:

Looking forward to it, although I came across my tent the other day (desperately needs aired out etc as it hasn't been up in years), or do I get a room in the B&B?!
I'm going to have a go at the tenting thingy, never done it before and need the practice for a Euro trip later this year. There is loads of advice on this forum and beyond on what to buy but still haven't made a decision. Tents, sleeping bags, liners, mats, pillows, stoves, chairs, do and don't s...all so confusing and so I will read no more and just go and buy the stuff and hope that I get it as near right as possible...B&B is tempting though ;)
I'm not afraid of death. I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
StephenMac

Post by StephenMac »

If you do decide to take it on I hope you get good support from the biking fraternity.

Someone mentioned preparing the bike for selling. On seeing the before and after shots on the website this is a great promotional point. If I was selling my bike I'd want it looking it's best and all year biker can do that.

Good Luck! :)
I've been a wild rover for many's a year...............
adieboy

Post by adieboy »

StephenMac wrote:If you do decide to take it on I hope you get good support from the biking fraternity.

Someone mentioned preparing the bike for selling. On seeing the before and after shots on the website this is a great promotional point. If I was selling my bike I'd want it looking it's best and all year biker can do that.

Good Luck! :)
Thanx Mr Mac for the encouragement...you'll still have to pay though...
I'm not afraid of death. I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I see allyearbikerireland has now appeared, in Armagh.

Is that yourself? If so your not too far awy from me. And if so, good luck! Any discounts going? :)
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
StephenMac

Post by StephenMac »

Adie is now up and running with All Year Biker Ireland. I had my bike done and would highly recommend it. The attention to detail is fantastic. Bike is gleaming and protected. Great for those sunny days during the winter when the salt is still on the roads. Glad we now have this in Ireland.
I've been a wild rover for many's a year...............
adieboy

Post by adieboy »

TomBoyNI wrote:I see allyearbikerireland has now appeared, in Armagh.

Is that yourself? If so your not too far awy from me. And if so, good luck! Any discounts going? :)
Yes TomboyNI I have taken the franchise and hope to be up and running properly at the start of March, getting a new lean to built and knocking the garage into shape. All the details can be found on the allyearbiker website as well as bookings or you can contact me directly...pm me for details...thanx for all the words of encouragement...
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

Having sold franchises many years ago, I can only pass on my thoughts.

1) Buying a franchise does not guarantee income and should be balanced against what you are paying for a name, against the selling price of the service.
2) Can you offer the same service under your own name using off the shelf products.
3) Does your area have enough customers will to pay the amounts wanted..
4) Are you willing to work 24-7-365 if required.(at least in year 1)
5) Can you manage no sick pay, no holiday pay, weekend work (when people are home).
6) ask your franchiser how many 'areas' have been sold and how many of those still operate and contact as many franchisees as you can and ask them is it worth it. Has your area been sold before, this is important, as someone else may have 'effected' your potential customers.

HOW MUCH will your area be worth in year 2 if you want to sell it and can you sell or does the company have control.

It is easy think that the sales speal given by the franchise information is all true. It is your money so you need to ask all the questions and don't be worried about asking.

Good Luck

Remeber: there is not official control over the sale of a 'Franchise'. Each service or product is sold as a ready business, based on a real trial that became successful and then franchised. MANY do not have any test business, and are simply an idea that goes straight to franchise.
A certain PET FOOD franchise that still runs today, is sold and re-sold in areas that have little or no client base. Mrs R2 did the insurance for these and said for every one start up, 1-2 closes happened.
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
adieboy

Post by adieboy »

Road2Manchester wrote:Having sold franchises many years ago, I can only pass on my thoughts.

1) Buying a franchise does not guarantee income and should be balanced against what you are paying for a name, against the selling price of the service.
2) Can you offer the same service under your own name using off the shelf products.
3) Does your area have enough customers will to pay the amounts wanted..
4) Are you willing to work 24-7-365 if required.(at least in year 1)
5) Can you manage no sick pay, no holiday pay, weekend work (when people are home).
6) ask your franchiser how many 'areas' have been sold and how many of those still operate and contact as many franchisees as you can and ask them is it worth it. Has your area been sold before, this is important, as someone else may have 'effected' your potential customers.

HOW MUCH will your area be worth in year 2 if you want to sell it and can you sell or does the company have control.

It is easy think that the sales speal given by the franchise information is all true. It is your money so you need to ask all the questions and don't be worried about asking.

Good Luck

Remeber: there is not official control over the sale of a 'Franchise'. Each service or product is sold as a ready business, based on a real trial that became successful and then franchised. MANY do not have any test business, and are simply an idea that goes straight to franchise.
A certain PET FOOD franchise that still runs today, is sold and re-sold in areas that have little or no client base. Mrs R2 did the insurance for these and said for every one start up, 1-2 closes happened.
Thanks for your thoughts...I'll let you know if I'm 1 or 2 of the ones that closes...in a years time... ;)

Return to “Ireland”