EASTER SALISBURY PLAIN LARDY BIKE RIDE, saturday 7th april

Tramp

Re: EASTER SALISBURY PLAIN LARDY BIKE RIDE, saturday 7th april

Post by Tramp »

Hi Richard..

I aint a clue were it came from we thought it was yours and you where taking it for a run...

were you on the Yam Teneree? as It nice to try to remember faces etc?

and hope the Lady rider [yep terrible with names also] have anymore falls .. :)
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Ok so here is my video complication of our great day out yesterday. Thanks again to Russ (Tramp) for guiding us around some great areas, nice to meet everyone too, had a great day despite getting completely wet from the waist down. Glad to hear Russ that the Honda lives to see another day. Count me in on the next ride out.
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
davsato

Post by davsato »

Richard Simpson wrote:Dave,

Where did that big black hound come from...was anyone with it?
no idea richard, we saw it running beside a small group that caught up with us as we were stopped (you?) and assumed it was with them. there was a couple of dog walkers further on, we asked if they had lost one but no. friendly thing, i'd feel bad about leaving it if it actually was lost but i know from experience those things run miles and then wear out quick, go to sleep in the long grass for hours but always manage to find their way back to the food bowl at the correct time
Dave
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

Looks like you all had a really great day, gutted the bike wasn't ready, fingers crossed for the next one... Tramp, hope the bikes ok...
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Hey Russ, I must ask, how did you account for all that water in the air filter and carbs? I recall us agreeing that it was best not admit to the RAC what had actually happened. Did he put 2& 2 together???
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

cozmo1589 wrote:Ok so here is my video complication of our great day out yesterday. Thanks again to Russ (Tramp) for guiding us around some great areas, nice to meet everyone too, had a great day despite getting completely wet from the waist down. Glad to hear Russ that the Honda lives to see another day. Count me in on the next ride out.
Click on link below

what software do u use for video editing. I am crap with mine!
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Hi Mate, i am usually crap at this stuff but i treated myself to an Apple Laptop about 18 months ago and its the standard software on that, Its called iMovie. I am completely self taught and after doing half a dozen holiday vids this is the typical standard that i now churn out of which i am sure i bore everyman and his dog with when gathering at my house :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
herman

Post by herman »

A couple of pics from yesterday 140 miles of lanes,2 offs,2 wrong turns(on road)good company and free sarnies from a nice merc driver that had bought too many for his fussy teenagers. :) ImageImage
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well colin..i said it just stopped..I'd moved bike to the junction and didnt think he new of the Ford.ha ha
he just connected the battery and tested for a spark which was good.
Then looked at fuel and airfilter..which was soaked so he drained carbs..I said I rode through the only deep duddle in wiltshire up on the droves..texhnically a road.
he didnt seem to fussed, great guy allround.the spewing exhaust got him thinking though but the wife arrived and the dog jumped out so he forgot everything so to speak.

dropped oil today and like a milky coffee,so swaped with some old clean stuff and cleaned oil filter, going to change again mid week. BUT ITS CLEAN NOW..

dam lucky I think..still I like a challenge.
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Ok that's to be expected I guess, yeah do another oil change and she should be back to normal. Always good to have a story or 3 to tell others about eh? Hats off to you though for following me through after I almost came a cropper in the ford myself. See you again soon mate. :-)

Return to “South Coast”