ACE CAFE overland day

Ubique 895
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 pm

ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Ubique 895 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

davsato wrote:someone mentioned meeting at fleet services?
That was me :-)

More than happy to lead out from there as its in my neck of the woods. (I live in fleet)

For breakfast options there is a McDonalds on that side of the motorway.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Road2Manchester
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:38 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Road2Manchester » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:47 pm

I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..
An urban cowboys hangout with a similar theme.

Who remembers the one on the Esat Lancs Road (A580) near the lake????? Was it Carrs Cafe or something like that???? I remember seeing power boats race and lots of bikes there in the 60's and 70's......

Any more suggestions for an Urban Biker hangout ?
cam to gif



If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.

davsato
Posts: 4590
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by davsato » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:33 pm

do what Mark Willmore(?) did and renovate an historic transport caff? you have obviously found a gap in the market, and hes a rich man by now with all the merchandising that goes with it. we can have north/south meets? or a manchester burnup, that would be great.

i can get to the ace easily enough, been there a couple of times and the satnag gets me about anyway, but if a local wants to lead, please do. its not fun through speedcam alley
Dave

Fareham, Hants.

Ex Varadero XL1000VA6, now SuperTenere

cozmo1589
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by cozmo1589 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Ubique 895 wrote:
davsato wrote:someone mentioned meeting at fleet services?
That was me :-)

More than happy to lead out from there as its in my neck of the woods. (I live in fleet)

For breakfast options there is a McDonalds on that side of the motorway.
McDonalds???? Surely the Ace Cafe will rustle up a healthy fry up??
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander

User avatar
Freeloadeur
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 am
Location: Perivale
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Freeloadeur » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Road2Manchester wrote:I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..
An urban cowboys hangout with a similar theme.

Who remembers the one on the Esat Lancs Road (A580) near the lake????? Was it Carrs Cafe or something like that???? I remember seeing power boats race and lots of bikes there in the 60's and 70's......

Any more suggestions for an Urban Biker hangout ?
Not wanting to take it too off topic, but don't you have Squires Cafe, just west of Leeds for t' northern biker?

http://squires-cafe.co.uk/

Image
Happiness has 125cc ...

davsato
Posts: 4590
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by davsato » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:21 pm

cozmo1589 wrote:
McDonalds???? Surely the Ace Cafe will rustle up a healthy fry up??
good point that man. ive never actually eaten at the ace, just had a coffee. good job they dont use their branded mugs, how many do you think they would 'lose'?
Dave

Fareham, Hants.

Ex Varadero XL1000VA6, now SuperTenere

Mr Free Market
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Mr Free Market » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Work permitting I'm in

I'll be coming up the A303 so could meet up with anyone at say Countess Services & then hook up with the rest of you at Fleet
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

Selous
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 am

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Selous » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:34 pm

davsato wrote:
cozmo1589 wrote:
McDonalds???? Surely the Ace Cafe will rustle up a healthy fry up??
good point that man. ive never actually eaten at the ace, just had a coffee. good job they dont use their branded mugs, how many do you think they would 'lose'?
One thing I will say is the Plates are HOT, do not try to take from the staff, let them put them on the table.




We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.



Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Selous
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 am

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Selous » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Road2Manchester wrote:I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..
An urban cowboys hangout with a similar theme.

Who remembers the one on the Esat Lancs Road (A580) near the lake????? Was it Carrs Cafe or something like that???? I remember seeing power boats race and lots of bikes there in the 60's and 70's......

Any more suggestions for an Urban Biker hangout ?
Is't the one in Jock O Land the Wellington Boot? B) The Derri Boot would be better.




We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.



Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Orsoncarts
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Orsoncarts » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Mr Free Market wrote:Work permitting I'm in

I'll be coming up the A303 so could meet up with anyone at say Countess Services & then hook up with the rest of you at Fleet

when I work out where the Countess services is...........:unsure:
I'll meet you there............:)
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!

Post Reply

Return to “South Coast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests