ACE CAFE overland day

Ubique 895

ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Ubique 895 »

davsato wrote:someone mentioned meeting at fleet services?
That was me :-)

More than happy to lead out from there as its in my neck of the woods. (I live in fleet)

For breakfast options there is a McDonalds on that side of the motorway.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
Road2Manchester

Re: ACE CAFE overland day

Post by Road2Manchester »

I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..
An urban cowboys hangout with a similar theme.

Who remembers the one on the Esat Lancs Road (A580) near the lake????? Was it Carrs Cafe or something like that???? I remember seeing power boats race and lots of bikes there in the 60's and 70's......

Any more suggestions for an Urban Biker hangout ?
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
davsato

Post by davsato »

do what Mark Willmore(?) did and renovate an historic transport caff? you have obviously found a gap in the market, and hes a rich man by now with all the merchandising that goes with it. we can have north/south meets? or a manchester burnup, that would be great.

i can get to the ace easily enough, been there a couple of times and the satnag gets me about anyway, but if a local wants to lead, please do. its not fun through speedcam alley
Dave
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Ubique 895 wrote:
davsato wrote:someone mentioned meeting at fleet services?
That was me :-)

More than happy to lead out from there as its in my neck of the woods. (I live in fleet)

For breakfast options there is a McDonalds on that side of the motorway.
McDonalds???? Surely the Ace Cafe will rustle up a healthy fry up??
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Road2Manchester wrote:I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..

Who remembers the one on the Esat Lancs Road (A580) near the lake????? Was it Carrs Cafe or something like that???? I remember seeing power boats race and lots of bikes there in the 60's and 70's......

Not wanting to take it too off topic, but don't you have Squires Cafe, just west of Leeds for t' northern biker?

http://squires-cafe.co.uk/

Happiness has 125cc ...
davsato

Post by davsato »

cozmo1589 wrote:
good point that man. ive never actually eaten at the ace, just had a coffee. good job they dont use their branded mugs, how many do you think they would 'lose'?
Dave
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Work permitting I'm in

I'll be coming up the A303 so could meet up with anyone at say Countess Services & then hook up with the rest of you at Fleet
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Selous

Post by Selous »

davsato wrote:
cozmo1589 wrote:
good point that man. ive never actually eaten at the ace, just had a coffee. good job they dont use their branded mugs, how many do you think they would 'lose'?
One thing I will say is the Plates are HOT, do not try to take from the staff, let them put them on the table.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

Road2Manchester wrote:I do think the Ace Cafe is a great place , but too far south for most of us. Shame really, M6-M1 and back is not really a nice ride out at anytime. I am thinking we should have a northern version TH'Ace Caff somewhere up ere int north..

Is't the one in Jock O Land the Wellington Boot? B) The Derri Boot would be better.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

Mr Free Market wrote:Work permitting I'm in

I'll be coming up the A303 so could meet up with anyone at say Countess Services & then hook up with the rest of you at Fleet

when I work out where the Countess services is...........:unsure:
I'll meet you there............:)
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!

Return to “South Coast”