BOXING DAY MEETS?

africajim

Re: BOXING DAY MEETS?

Post by africajim »

F*@*!,,,, B*$$!A&*!,,,,, No sign of engineer today,,, so he calls in to say "I'll be back to work on Wednesday! F*%K,,, B*$$£&D,,,, !!!!
As senior engineer I have to cover the shift for boxing day on call! Damn!That means no excessive drink on Christmas day! I've already accepted New years day, no drink at New Year, but that was my choice, as I had Chrimbo off. But now I have to cover Iain's shift on Boxing day, DAMN!
Honda, the power of dreams.
davsato

Post by davsato »

surely you can manage 1 dram free day out of 365 jim? :)
Dave
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Gavinskii wrote:This is highly recommended and local for you too

http://www.witleymcc.org/events/tview_d ... /12/27.htm
My mate Dan is racing as an expert (no 25). Should be a great day out. Give a wave if you see him. I should have my Black AT outfit with me,but only for keeping the drinks in ! :cheer: !
africajim

Post by africajim »

davsato wrote:surely you can manage 1 dram free day out of 365 jim? :)
You must be f*££i*% joking? Ok, tonight I have had several, Glenlivet and Macallan to be precise!

I agreed to work New yrs day, Ok, I get £27 plus double time if called out but,,,, I can't drink the day before. I agreed to that, no issue. I have now to work Boxing day, that means no wine with my meal, no dram after my Chrimbo dinner, which I have slaved to cook, is it too much to ask? For one measly period off to indulge and enjoy a dram?
Side note, damned engineer called tonight, answering machine is full, I have to clear all calls as "I'm senior engineer"! Goddamn! F&*K!!!!!!!
Never mind, tonight I am drunk, we'll see how it goes!
Honda, the power of dreams.
herman

Post by herman »

sohoeasy wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:This is highly recommended and local for you too

http://www.witleymcc.org/events/tview_d ... /12/27.htm
My mate Dan is racing as an expert (no 25). Should be a great day out. Give a wave if you see him. I should have my Black AT outfit with me,but only for keeping the drinks in ! :cheer: !
If you see 226 upside down anywhere pick me up and point me in the right direction. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Ubique 895

BOXING DAY MEETS?

Post by Ubique 895 »

Didn't make it down to Wickham in the end - any good?

Went to the Day after boxing day Enduro and I think I spotted your number a couple of times Herman...good race/enjoy it?
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
davsato

Post by davsato »

wickham was pretty busy, the warm weather bought everyone out i guess. las year was bitter and a lot quieter!
Dave
herman

Post by herman »

Ubique 895 wrote:Didn't make it down to Wickham in the end - any good?

Went to the Day after boxing day Enduro and I think I spotted your number a couple of times Herman...good race/enjoy it?
Wickham was busy, always an eclectic mix of stuff there. Really enjoyed the race but had the worst first lap ever, took me ages. I got a good start then went to the right of a marshal when I should of gone left and ended up in the pit of despair bog, front wheel totally buried, then the marshal just walked off...cheers bud! Could not free the bike until another rider took pity and we pulled it out, this put me right at the back of the pack and I got stuck in every bottleneck going. :( After the first lap I had no problem with any of the climbs or bogs as you could keep the momentum up. Managed an embarrassing four laps but feel like I've only done a trail ride as opposed to a 3hr race! I just ran out of time. :( Good track tho and it was nice to play in the sand again. :) To be honest at my age a finish is always nice. :blink:
Ubique 895

BOXING DAY MEETS?

Post by Ubique 895 »

That's cool, I may have a pic of you then stuck in the bog if it was the one directly behind the wall as I took a few of people who got stuck there.

Not sure if you got held up at the bottom of the hill about 2/3rds of the way through but some poor lad stacked it half way up only to have another rider ride over his leg and break it! I rushed down to him pretty sharpish as I could hear the screaming and panicking in his voice. (shit loads of people closer than me just jacked on him and totally ignored him!) The paramedics did a good job though given the angle of the slope and we eventually got him splintered and on the board and back down the hill.

Today was the first time I'd been to an enduro and it's just totally cemented my plans on getting an enduro bike 100% Just need to work out how to make it happen now. The GF was pretty stoked on it too :-)
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
herman

Post by herman »

Damm there's always some bugger with a camera, yup thats where I attempted the 'short route' and yes I was sat at the foot of the climb for 10mins. It was probably one of the more competitive events we have done but it is racing. Get something road legal as you can do loads more events ;)

Return to “South Coast”