ACE CAFE OVERLAND&ADV DAY 21/04 2013

utaka

Re: ACE CAFE OVERLAND&ADV DAY 21/04 2013

Post by utaka »

Travelling Sam wrote:S'funny, I always ride with my panniers on Libby too. Don't like the way she looks naked otherwise :laugh: Nice thing about motorcycling though eh. Everyone can do it their way. Like that. Not too sure about all the exhaust popping that was going on on Sunday though. Does anyone know how those guys were making that happen?

Turning the 'kill switch' on and off..............not clever or funny!
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Agree. Wonder how much damage they were doing to their bikes. Cat converters wouldn't like that at all would they.
TRIX

Post by TRIX »

Most of the bikes that do it wont have cats as they are fitted to injection bikes , basically you turn off the kill switch the carb still pumps the fuel in when you switch it back on you get a explosion as all the unburnt fuel ignites , its the valves that take the punishment.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

MarkN wrote:As the owner of a fully dressed GSA at the Ace, not that I have to explain myself and my actions to anyone but, I will!

I tend to always ride with my panniers on as I use them a lot when I ride to work and it's easier to leave them on than keep taking them on and off. They are also useful when bringing stuff for other ABRs, when I've sold stuff on the forum and bring it to the Ace to hand out. I also used them to lock away my helmet and my mates helmet.

The 2 ltr bottle on the back of one of the panniers holds oil. Anyone that has ever owned a BMW will know that you need a drop now and then! It also proved useful at the Christmas Rally when one rider was in desperate need of oil - it saved his day and his bike.

I've normally got a few tools stashed away too, these have proved useful more than once when I've stopped at the roadside to help someone.

So, before having a pop at people that ride "fully loaded", they might be doing it for a reason.

Cheers

Mark
Well I did say "Far be it for me to criticise" and "you have to wonder" well now I know :silly:
jason spafford

Post by jason spafford »

Had a blast, great bunch of guys...
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Mark, l hope you didn't take my comment as a dig, each to their own l say and whether people choose to have their boxes on or not is nothing to do with me. It was more about marvelling at how little there was on his bike than how much there was on anyone else's.
Happiness has 125cc ...
James691

Post by James691 »

So sorry to have missed this event but beyond my control and it sounds like it was the best one yet! Well done Sam and Co for putting on a brilliant show and I will be at the next one come hell or high water.

Sam - see you at the HU event if not before mate.

As for what we do with our bikes -

Fleetwood Mac put it far better than I ever could.

[center][/center]
Dancing in the moonlight
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

That works James! :) But don't give me any credit for the day at the Ace - I helped set it up with Glynn Roberts, and helped run it for the first few years, but the Ace Cafe guys do all the good stuff nowadays. See you next year!!! Hope you are doing better pain wise by the way.

The Horizons HUBB UK? Fantastic! I'm delighted you are coming. 35 days to go now. :ohmy: Better get on with some more work on it :)
James691

Post by James691 »

Credit where credit is due Sam :)

You and Glynn ( I know does a lot for HU also) started the thing up and got the ball rolling showing that there was a viable interest out there that then spawned the event direct from the Ace Staff - that do a wonderful job of it - but without the initial, what I call pioneer, push then it would not have taken off into an established event.

The HUBB UK - I hope to be covering the event so I will make sure that I bring my wellingtons for the bin runs between interviews and photographs! ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Good stuff! The Ace Cafe have just posted their shots from the weekend on their FB page
https://www.facebook.com/acecafelondon :) :) :)

Return to “South Coast”